Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where should I go for pro web design for a sports webstore?

Options
  • 06-03-2009 7:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭

First off, pardon any ignorance I show here, I've absolutely no knowledge of web design, which is the main reason I'm posting here.

I'm setting up a webstore to sell sporting gear etc. and while I've tonnes of retail and marketing ideas in my head, anything artistic is pretty much a blur for me.

Where would be the best value place to go for? What sort of budget should I be looking at for the sort of website that will attract people globally? And what sort of after design service am I likely to receive? Ie. will I be shown how to update it with the relevant products I'm selling or will that be done for me as I increase my stock, and if so, how much extra is that likely to cost?

Also, how long does design for such a site typically take?

PS. If anyone feels they're capable of providing the task themself, do mail me with samples of your work, and rates.

Cheers for any help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Budget-wise, you're talking between 5,000 - 20,000 to get it all set up, depending on quality and requirements. I'd say you could get something designed & built in 3 months if you have the time to dedicate to it to make it happen. People often underestimate the amount of work required on their part when setting up a website. After that you'd probably need a budget for marketing & advertising just like any other business. I'm assuming you already have the backend stuff like warehouses all working or planned for. If you don't know the web, then you're going to have a tough time, i'd suggest hiring a online marketing company on a retainer over the first year to give you monthly reports. Also, since you're new to this you will need to experiment a bit and try different things to target different audiences, so testing things, updating offers, and changing layouts should be budgetted for with your web design company.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

No solicitating work on this forum, thanks. Please read the stickies and charter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement