Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What people think of the new o2 Joggler?

• 06-03-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

O2 Joggler features - o2 UK

O2%20Joggler_1_360.jpg

Cant see this making it across the water myself but i like the way you get it free instead of an upgrade, rather than taking a phone you dont want for the sake of it, could be usefull.

It doesnt have a sim card, but it does allow you to send free texts to anyone in the uk using wifi or an Ethernet connection.

o2 are making it available to all uk networks, wonder what the uptake of it will be at £149.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It doesn't take a SIM card? I'd have liked it to be able to receive MMS and stuff so you could update the family with photos when you're out and about etc.

All in all it seems like a nice gadget for those who like gadgets but the price seems very steep to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Random wrote: »
    It doesn't take a SIM card? I'd have liked it to be able to receive MMS and stuff so you could update the family with photos when you're out and about etc.

All in all it seems like a nice gadget for those who like gadgets but the price seems very steep to me.

No, its doesn't take a sim card, its basically just a laptop/organiser, thats why they are selling it to any UK network, but only o2customers will get the free texts. Yes it would be a good feature if it could receive pictures but if they send to your phone, you can just out the memory card into the joggler.

On the price £149, ofcourse if it did come here, (which it could because its not really network dependent or anything, the only to change would be the traffic updates switch to AA and the sports and news feeds) im sure the price would be even higher, i cant imagine it being €150, Could go north i guess if one really wanted too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

And of course if it runs Java then Vimes will provide Irish users with free texts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Pfft. o2 branded ****e. i'm actually going to build a wall mounted PC to do this and a whole lot more. it seems fairly limited in what it can actually do. maybe someguy can throw linux onto it and make it into something useful

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Buy a second hand eee for the same price.

• Advertisement

On sale now £149.99 or free if taken instead of a handset upgrade

Demand will be out the door :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

towel401 wrote: »
    Pfft. o2 branded ****e. i'm actually going to build a wall mounted PC to do this and a whole lot more. it seems fairly limited in what it can actually do. maybe someguy can throw linux onto it and make it into something useful

So what else will your's do? and what sort of price are we talking about?
    Will the interface be a non-nerd friendly?

I like it, wonder if they'll launch more features over time through a software update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Gillo wrote: »
    So what else will your's do? and what sort of price are we talking about?
    Will the interface be a non-nerd friendly?

I like it, wonder if they'll launch more features over time through a software update.

fully featured PC but wall mounted. you will have to be a registered nerd to use it as you will have to swipe your "nerd card" to gain access. VIA motherboard, 17" ELO surface wave touch screen i have all the stuff just need to put it together now on a fine day when collitch is finished. it will cost about twice as much as this but it will actually be useful

If anyone is seriously interested in this their is a thread on the o2 forum that is looking for ideas for apps and functions for it.

Joggler Thread

Advertisement