Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardy Bucks,

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

New Hardy Bucks - Foamy Nights Part 1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy8ZVZ5g_tQ

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

alan4cult wrote: »

Watched foamy nights-part 1 last one! :eek: Some craic...laughed so hard i nearly was in pain!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭TechieEddy

Thought the previous ones were better tbh. Still very good though.
    Go on the Boo :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Went to college with one of them lads, great show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭chilloutman

good friends with owen , or buzz on the show sound man funny *****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

It reminds me of the wikipedia of Swinford that was featured on The Panel. They have it here documented...

http://www.driver.ie/forum/showthread.php?p=327232

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

Hardy Bucks have a new preview of Episode 3, I think.

www.rte.ie/storyland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

All their stuff is on http://www.youtube.com/user/hardybucks

very funny Stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Episode 3 is now on the Storyland website, not as good as the first 2 storyland episodes imo. Thought it was a bit pants how they had to bleep out swearwords for this one, it took away from it big time. Yer man who plays the viper is gas. Still voted for them though, would be cool to see them win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Watch the full version of the episode on youtube. Its much better than the storyland edit.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

This *bleep* nonsense has ruined the thing. Still, a good episode this time round, definitely got my vote. Rental Boys went out the window with me when they ripped off Star-Wars Kid and tried to make it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭A-Train

One of the lads told me about this on Tuesday watched them all and thought it was very good! Not one most of the time for Irish humour shows so this was quite surprising!

Very similar to Trailer Park Boys which is only a good thing.

It *is* Trailer Park Boys, it's just set in Mayo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

They will be guest compere for a gig in the The failte Suite, Welcome Inn hotel on the 8/8/09 featuring DIRTY EPICS plus support from THE BRAD PITT LIGHT ORCHESTRA and ORPHAN ALIEN.

More Episodes up!

I was delighted to see this on a poster here in the capital. I'm looking forward to seeing it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

STORYLAND FINAL, NEW EPISODE OUT 5PM TODAY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Please vote for the Hardy Bucks! They are the best thing that came out of Mayo apart from the road.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 davegunnigan

The new episode is excellent, the best one in a good while! I think the voting closed today, hopefully they can win it.

• Advertisement

From http://www.rte.ie/storyland/

Congratulations to HARDY BUCKS, winner of the first ever RTÉ Storyland on-line drama series

Great stuff!.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭whadabouchasir

RoadKillTs wrote: »
    They are the best thing that came out of Mayo apart from the road.
    But remember you have to use that same road to get back in.

Really happy that the Bucks have won it - I'm off to see them live this Friday too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

Really happy that the Bucks have won it - I'm off to see them live this Friday too

Fair play to them. Would be good to see them so soon after their triumph but i wouldnt get your hopes up too much, they were in Castlebar a few weeks ago doing a kind of ad-lib section between bands at one of Finbars gigs. Funny in parts but had more than a few tumbleweed moments. If they stop relying on catchphrases have come up with a routine a little bit more structured with sketches etc. their live act would be so much better. Theres shams like them everywhere down here, you hear stuff like that all the time. The Dublin crowd should love them though as there arent really any comedy acts like them in Ireland at the moment.

Yea, I'm kinda curious as to how well it'll translate to a live show as it's character and situation comedy rather than sketch and stand-up stuff. A kind of interview format would be interesting where the lads are the panellists on a TV show with the audience asking questions and let them ad-lib answers in character and see where it'd take you.

However, even if it bombs (and I seriously doubt it will), we'll get the musical styling of the Rubber Bandits to make up for it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Maqnus

how did the gig go?

I'm full of fail - the gig isn't on until this coming Friday - I had my dates mixed up :) Didn't realise till I rang one of my friends that I'm going to the gig with at 7 o'clock!

Was talking to one of my friends who was playing at the Dublin Doom Day in Fibbers on Friday and they had mentioned the appearances the Bucks made at one of the gigs they played (with Orphan Alien) in the Welcome Inn. Said it wasn't quite there, but there's serious potential to make a good show of it.

So I'm still looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭de5p0i1er

The gig in the Welcome Inn was ok they had a few ppl say a few lines during the show that were ok there not used to a live crowd and need a bit of work.

Advertisement