Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You are now leaving the american sector...

Options
  • 06-03-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

reads the billboard in both english and french in one of the new units on castle steet, any ideas any one what thats all about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I have no idea but we (Mr.Fozzle and I) thought we were going mad wen we saw it - has Sligo moved to Berlin?

"Vous êtes sortis du secteur American"

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tuppence

fozzle wrote: »
    - has Sligo moved to Berlin?

"Vous êtes sortis du secteur American"

:eek:

Ah if only Sligo could be as edgy, Berlin...what a cool place.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

What's funny is the fact that it's in French as well.

Shouldn't it be the Canadian sector so?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Xiney wrote: »

thought something similar when i first seen it, is this something to do with the US/canada

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Essexboy

Xiney wrote: »

There was no Canadian sector in Berlin - just American, British, French and Russian sectors, the so-called "Four Powers".
    Beats me what it has to do with Sligo unless it is connected to the forthcoming exhibition by the Niland - Signals in the Dark: Art in the Shadow of War http://www.modelart.ie/signals.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The exit of the US multinationals, heading for nicer places like Bangladesh and Poland?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Sligo is twinned with Crozon, Bretagne in France, Kempten im Allgau, Bavaria in Germany and Tallahassee, Florida in the United States. Maybe it's for all them. Stronger unity with all of the twinned towns. Dublin has excellent links with Barcelona I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

luckat wrote: »
    The exit of the US multinationals, heading for nicer places like Bangladesh and Poland?

Hopefully not , given the biggest employers in Sligo and Leitrim are American.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

dont remember seeing german on the sign, am sure it was just in french and english

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Essexboy wrote: »
    There was no Canadian sector in Berlin - just American, British, French and Russian sectors, the so-called "Four Powers".
    Beats me what it has to do with Sligo unless it is connected to the forthcoming exhibition by the Niland - Signals in the Dark: Art in the Shadow of War http://www.modelart.ie/signals.html

The Model Art use some of those buildings occasionally for exhibitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Essexboy wrote: »

The Signals in the Dark exhibition is going to be in Castle House on Castle Street so that's probably the reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Yep, it's to do with the Signals in the Dark: Art in the Shadow of War Exhibition

see here_

http://sligomodelblog.wordpress.com/2009/03/11/watch-that-space/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

well that worked!! It made us all think, very good!

Advertisement