Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike Insurance!!! OMG

• 06-03-2009 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

I`ve just been quoted 3,674.00 insurance for a 125cc Keeway superlight. The bike costs 2499 new.
    Can anyone help me? I can`t find anywhere cheaper and I`ve had my heart set on biking for ages.I`m 24 with full license?! How is everybody else paying for their bikes?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Theres only 4 companies insuring bikes here:
    Quinn, Aon, Carole Nash and Adelaide. Choices are limited.

Search around... some dont do 125's. Or under 25's. Or less than 2 years NCB.

Have you bought the bike? Do your homework on your insurance first cos you could end up shafted on it if you already buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Keeway?? Never heard of them. :confused:

Shouldn't be that expensive for such a low powered bike. Are you looking at TPFT or fully comp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭pieface_ie

sounds mad alright im 24,full licence,i have max no claims bonus and was paying 2500euro on a yamaha R1 and this year they dropped it down to 1700euro,that was Aon third party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

http://www.bikez.com/pictures/large.php?image=http://www.bikez.com/pictures/keeway/2008/27600_0_1_4_superlight%20125_Image%20credits%20-%20Keeway.jpg&no_cj_c=1looks like a nice bike but alas being a two-seater and the style being sporty tourer type you will be shafted by most insurers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Sporty??!!

That quotes seems excessive, even compared to the likes of a CBR125/TZR125 etc.

It being a cruiser it should have the cheapest insurance of most bikes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I havent heard good things about Keeway either. Maybe thats why the quote is so big. Why not look for a 2nd hand Honda/Yammy etc?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,335 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated guys!
    You do realize that you are a insurance company worst nightmare basically right? You're young, you're male AND on top of that want to ride a motorcycle; don't expect any cheap insurance coming your way.

Advertisement