Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

three network ending "for life" offer

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

just a quick update on this, today i sent an mms message and was charged 30cent instead of the 5cent i should have been charged! so after several long(45minute) phone calls to three and contacting the national consumer agency and comreg three have gone against their own promise and have changed my "5cent messaging forever" price plan even though they have sent me a text and a letter to state and confirm that "There will be no change to your current pricing structure.".

i dont want to name the person that sent the confirmation letter at the moment as it could possibly make them look incompetent as three in india have told me that they did not switch my price plan as there were notes on my account not to and that it must have been someone in ireland!? i would like now to find out who is responsible for this huge error and alert people to check their price plans for illegal/stealth changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

At least you were not conned by a sales person telling you (Last December) that 3 wanted to 'thank me' for being with them by giving me 3 cent texts...

I said 'cool' then they moved me to the new rate and now it looks like the text rate is going up in june as it was only a promo rate and I'm out of my 5 cent text for life deal too.

Grr, I was silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

god's toy wrote: »
    At least you were not conned by a sales person telling you (Last December) that 3 wanted to 'thank me' for being with them by giving me 3 cent texts...

I said 'cool' then they moved me to the new rate and now it looks like the text rate is going up in june as it was only a promo rate and I'm out of my 5 cent text for life deal too.

Grr, I was silly.

I would imagine the 3c text price will be extended, it already has been twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

foggy_lad wrote: »
    just a quick update on this, today i sent an mms message and was charged 30cent instead of the 5cent i should have been charged! so after several long(45minute) phone calls to three and contacting the national consumer agency and comreg three have gone against their own promise and have changed my "5cent messaging forever" price plan even though they have sent me a text and a letter to state and confirm that "There will be no change to your current pricing structure.".

i dont want to name the person that sent the confirmation letter at the moment as it could possibly make them look incompetent as three in india have told me that they did not switch my price plan as there were notes on my account not to and that it must have been someone in ireland!? i would like now to find out who is responsible for this huge error and alert people to check their price plans for illegal/stealth changes.
    My God you're unfortunate :D

I wasn't switched, confirmed just there by sending an mms that cost 5c and by the fact that when I go to check my balance it asks me to opt in to 3pay 08.

So if they try to tell you that everyone got switched, you call them lying scum bags for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Foggy, I've just sent a text and it cost 3 cent and i've sent an mms and it cost 30 cent - so they have changed my plan.:mad::mad: I don't like being messed with so I'm gonna ring them now and ask how they changed me over.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lame_leg

They're after changing me over to the new plan.

I've been on the 5 cent for life plan since 2006.

Should I be complaining about this?

i'm on the phone to them right now ranting at them! will update you in a few minutes.

Ok....10 minutes later and they have, reluctantly and "exceptionally" agreed to put me back on the old tariff and are sending a text message to confirm.

Lame leg - you have to weigh up whether 3 cent texts, 30 cent mms and 30 cent landline calls is better or worse than 5 cent texts, 5 cent mms and 18 cent landline calls.

Received the text from 3 : "From 3: You have now left the new ThreePay price plan".

and just sent an mms - 5 cent!

Foggy, I've just sent a text and it cost 3 cent and i've sent an mms and it cost 30 cent - so they have changed my plan.:mad::mad: I don't like being messed with so I'm gonna ring them now and ask how they changed me over.
    they are real scumbags doing things this way! insist on getting your better plan reinstated!
    Lame_leg wrote: »
    They're after changing me over to the new plan.

I've been on the 5 cent for life plan since 2006.

Should I be complaining about this?
    the original plan is so much better as the 3cent texts is only until june and will probably be finished at that time. the old offer is 5cent video picture and text messages forever! and most calls are cheaper too!

they are real scumbags doing things this way! insist on getting your better plan reinstated!

Re-instated :D See my previous post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Lame_leg

the original plan is so much better as the 3cent texts is only until june and will probably be finished at that time. the old offer is 5cent video picture and text messages forever! and most calls are cheaper too!

Thats ridiculous.

I rang them up there.

First she said, everyone was being moved over to the price plan.

I complained and mentioned that the word "forever" was used in the terms and conditions and she changed her tune saying that I hadn't rang them to tell them I didn't want to change over to the new plan and so was stuck with it. Wtf kind of logic is that??

I kept complaining until she told me I would find out in the next 24-48 hrs. if I'm going to be put back to the old plan.

Not sure if she was just trying to get rid of me.

Bunch of fcukers!! :mad:

• Advertisement

Lame_leg wrote: »
    Thats ridiculous.

I rang them up there.

First she said, everyone was being moved over to the price plan.

I complained and mentioned that the word "forever" was used in the terms and conditions and she changed her tune saying that I hadn't rang them to tell them I didn't want to change over to the new plan and so was stuck with it. Wtf kind of logic is that??

I kept complaining until she told me I would find out in the next 24-48 hrs. if I'm going to be put back to the old plan.

Not sure if she was just trying to get rid of me.

Bunch of fcukers!! :mad:
    because the original offer was "forever" three can not legitimately force customers to change. i would advise contacting the national consumer agency and ComReg as three have to listen to these organisations even though they refuse to listen to their own customers!

keep insisting that they switch you back and send a formal complaint by email and copy it to ComReg.

three seem to work on the idea that the customer will take whatever sh1t they throw at us and by having indian customer care they are fulfilling their "obligation" to provide customer care even if the level of care is way below standard but held up with statistics which are moulded to make it look like a real service!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Ugh! They make me sick!
    I think they switched me over too, but I'm still waiting for an mms to send the past half hour. They don't deserve to have our business!
    Is anyone writing to Com Reg about them?

i don't understand. I got switched back after a phoncall to them last nite. Tell them others have been fixed up and u want to be too. NOW.

they have switched customers over illegally and contravening their own terms and conditions after telling some they have no choice and then they tell lies about not being able to switch them back when others have been switched back! how have the fraud squad not become involved in this?

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

They switched me! :mad:
    Just got off the phone to them & she asked me if I wanted to be swtiched back. I said yes! Can't be that easy, can it??

So, she has 'to find something out' and will give me a call back in 10 mins!

I doubt this will go down without a fight!

Update:
    10 mins, turned into an hour and 35 mins wait,
    I've been switched back!! Unbelievable, a phone call to 3 has never been easier then this before. Even got the text to confirm, that I left the new 3pay price plan.

I'm in shock!

so they ended an offer for the majority of their customers but for most of those customers they had no right to end or change their 5cent offer, can anyone with a legal background or knowledge find out if this is really illegal or just poor business practice?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

so they ended an offer for the majority of their customers but for most of those customers they had no right to end or change their 5cent offer, can anyone with a legal background or knowledge find out if this is really illegal or just poor business practice?

Once they give 30 days notice of changing the offer i think that covers their ass. The offer is still available for life, just not as it originally started. Not that i would agree with their handling of this

Davy wrote: »
    Once they give 30 days notice of changing the offer i think that covers their ass. The offer is still available for life, just not as it originally started. Not that i would agree with their handling of this

I wouldn't go as far as to say that the offer is still available because the offer specifically mentioned 5c picture messages but that term does allow them to end the offer despite saying it was for life.

It shouldn't though and the way they handled this is just yet more proof that they don't give a sh!t about their customers

Davy wrote: »

30 days notice applies to all price changes except when an offer is stated as being forever or for life(meaning while you remain on network on that particular price plan).

three's own terms and conditions relating to the 5cent messaging "forever" offer state this.
    http://www.three.ie/company/3pay-5c-terms.html
    5cent rate forever

* The following terms and conditions of the offer whereby you can send text, picture and video messages at our standard rate of 5c forever (the "Messaging Offer ") are in addition to and form part of the Terms for 3 Services which are available at three.ie. In the event of any conflict the terms and conditions below shall prevail.
    * The Messaging Offer is available to customers who connect to a 3Pay prepaid service until 30th June 2007, unless the final registration date is brought forward or extended by 3 at its sole discretion. The rate under the Messaging Offer shall permanently cease to apply if you cease to be a customer of the eligible 3Pay service for any reason. The Messaging Offer will not apply in addition to any other offer or promotion which includes text messages, photo messages or video messages.
    * The Messaging Offer applies to text messages (SMS), photo messages (MMS) and video messages (VMS) sent from within the Republic of Ireland ("Ireland") to any mobile or fixed line numbers of networks in Ireland. The Messaging Offer does not apply to messages sent to directory enquiry, premium rate, WAP, ISP or MISP numbers.
    * Fair Use Policy - Your use is subject to monthly fair use limits of 1,000 text messages, 150 picture messages or 150 video messages. If you exceed any of these fair use limits, we will inform you of your excessive use and 3 reserves the right and make you ineligible for the Messaging Offer or disconnect your 3Pay service.
    This fair use policy will not apply during any period when 3’s standard rate for text, photo and video messages is equal to or lower than 5c.
    * This Messaging Offer will not apply to messages you send using Prolinks, SIM boxes or any device which diverts/transfers messages to multiple mobile numbers or if you send bulk messages for a commercial purpose.

30 days notice applies to all price changes except when an offer is stated as being forever or for life(meaning while you remain on network on that particular price plan).

Where does it say that? It wasn't advertised as forever. It was advertised as forever (terms and conditions apply)

It would be good to be able to say they're outright breaking the law but I don't think they are

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Where does it say that? It wasn't advertised as forever. It was advertised as forever (terms and conditions apply)

It would be good to be able to say they're outright breaking the law but I don't think they are
    the terms and conditions in my last post are what applies to this offer and state clearly that any customer signing up to the offer before the cut off date is entitlet to remain on the offer as long as they remain a threepay customer on that particular price plan which means that as long as you do not opt into a different price plan or leave three you will retain this offer "forever"

the terms and conditions in my last post are what applies to this offer and state clearly that any customer signing up to the offer before the cut off date is entitlet to remain on the offer as long as they remain a threepay customer on that particular price plan which means that as long as you do not opt into a different price plan or leave three you will retain this offer "forever"

Agreed. It's quite specific. If it wasn't they wouldn't have let us switch back.

In theory I agree too, it makes perfect sense. But the law doesn't always make sense so I'd wait to get a ruling from someone who knows about the law before telling everyone it's illegal. Networks often do things for people that they're not required to do just to get them to go away

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    In theory I agree too, it makes perfect sense. But the law doesn't always make sense so I'd wait to get a ruling from someone who knows about the law before telling everyone it's illegal. Networks often do things for people that they're not required to do just to get them to go away
    two seperate three customer care reps agreed with me that it was illegal to remove an offer that was advertised and sold as being forever or for life especially when the offer is protected by the terms and conditions but i know what you are saying about hearing from someone with more legal expertise who could give an opinion.

two seperate three customer care reps agreed with me that it was illegal to remove an offer that was advertised and sold as being forever or for life especially when the offer is protected by the terms and conditions but i know what you are saying about hearing from someone with more legal expertise who could give an opinion.

I wouldn't trust 3 customer care to tell me the time of day and I doubt that even the intelligent inhabitants of Mumbai have a good understanding of Irish consumer law :)

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59770877&postcount=6218
    according to another poster they are all employed directly by three ireland so they should be operating and conducting their business as if they were in ireland following irish regulations etc but saying this is no guarantee that if they were in an irish call centre they would be any different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59770877&postcount=6218
    according to another poster they are all employed directly by three ireland so they should be operating and conducting their business as if they were in ireland following irish regulations etc but saying this is no guarantee that if they were in an irish call centre they would be any different.

While I agree with you 100% people who work go call centers will only tell you what they are allowed tell you

Walkman wrote: »
    While I agree with you 100% people who work go call centers will only tell you what they are allowed tell you
    and what they are allowed tell us customers is dictated by three irelands executives etc, do people here in ireland tell them to get customers onto the new price plans any way they can even if that includes lying?

another update on this three scandal, i checked my two nieces accounts yesterday and both of them have been removed from the 5cent messenging forever promotion without their knowledge or consent! they are both under 18 and three have told me i can not deal with three on their behalf even though i was named as a contact person on their accounts when they registered for this reason.

three at 1st told me a lie that the price plans had not been changed but they have, then refused to talk to me at all citing the data protection act(after speaking with a "supervisor") which i presume allowed three to change my nieces accounts in the first place?

seriously though what type of scumbags would steal phone credit from a 10 year old and 12 year old because that is exactly what three are doing with their actions here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The thing is a minor cannot enter into such a contract.

Also 3 should deal with you as the adult who is acting for them.

Advertisement