Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for .223 ammo:(

Options
  • 06-03-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I'm looking for some .223 hornady 40 or 45 gr vmax ammo, but not that molly stuff, good old copper coated. Does anyone know of a dealer that stocks it????

Thanks in advance,

FS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

john lambert has a large stock of ammo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Federal Nosler Ballistic Tip is available in 40gr (Non Moly). I'm not a fan of moly either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

out of curiosity wots the wrong with the moly coated ammo

it absorbs water, and is hard to clean out of barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

It also takes about 20 - 25 rounds to put a lining in the barrel before they will start to shoot well and then if you want to go back to copper coated it takes another box and a half of copper rounds to clear out the molly!!

So I personaly just dont like the stuff, if it takes 2 -3 boxes of ammo just to see how they will shoot.

FS

• Advertisement

was wondering bought a few boxes and the groups all over the place

endasmail wrote: »
    was wondering bought a few boxes and the groups all over the place

Ideally you cannot switch shooting moly and non moly. What I mean is, if you're shooting non moly, all the copper in the barrel must be removed prior to shooting moly. Then you gotta "break in" the barrel with moly ammo. Its too much work, if your rifle doesn't like it.

JONTY
    Its too much work, if your rifle doesn't like it.

+1

and too expensive to find out your gun doesn't like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Once again folks, if someone trolls, you hit the Report Post button and go get a cuppa. We'll clean up the mess, and it only makes our life harder if you respond to the trolling.

whos trolling sparks?

• Advertisement

Enda you know what curiosity got the cat :eek::D

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Someone signed up a new account to have a go at a poster here. Their posts are now deleted and the account is permanently banned.

Enda you know what curiosity got the cat :eek::D

ya got me pj

Advertisement