Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky freeview?

Options
  • 06-03-2009 8:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Sky sattelite dish and box and all that jazz but i'm sick of paying 27 quid a month for all teh channels i dont use.
    I've heard of sky freeveiw but not sure exactly how it works..if i ring em up and cancell my subscription,am i allowed to keep the sattelite and use that to scab free channels or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 kk-mm-ss

I am not to sure about the hole freeview thing from sky but I had sky and I purchased a freeview box through the next directory in my local next store cost me 35euro and plugged it in and hey presto free tv.... once your first 12 months are up with sky you own the dish so they dont take it back of u, just plug the dish wire into the box and it works..

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Might have been better to post this in the tech forum but I'll try and answer your question. If you have the box and dish for a year they are your property now. If you wish to cancel your subscription you will still receive some stations.
    To see what stations you will be left with try this. Plug out your skybox and remove the skycard. Unplug the phone cable too. After a minute or two plug the skybox back in but do not insert the skycard or phone cable. You should now be on freeview.
    To receive RTE and TV3 you will have to use rabbits ears or some form of an aerial but you will be able to get BBC, UTV and Channel 4 plus a load of satellite stations. I'd have done this myself ages ago but the kids wouldn't let me. Feckin Hannah Montana !!

Advertisement