Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Horse racing for nothing (really nothing....)

Options
  • 06-03-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭

Ive been banned from horse racing by Hobart for doing nothing, apparently "RichieLawlor" had a pm argument with her or something, this has nothing to do with me what so ever. Richie logged into his account in my house earlier today but nothing was posted under my username or by me, none of the arguing with Hobart was done from my house so i dont see what i have to do with any of this.

She wont discuss the situation reasonably in pm's and has also resorted to calling me a muppet when i had not insulted her in any way and i have also not retaliated.

She always does stuff like this and is the worst mod on boards who has no interest in the horse racing forum, contributes nothing and moderates it horribly, i would like this matter looked at please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I'll need some links to look at. Blanket statements like your last paragraph aren't contributing anything.

What's the merit of this insinuation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

There are no links, there are only pm's which i presume should not be posted here..??!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You can forward said pms onto Gordon, that's no problemz

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

mdwexford wrote: »
    There are no links, there are only pm's which i presume should not be posted here..??!!

You can post any PM's between you and I.

It all kicked off yesterday when RicheLawlor was banned for a week for trolling in this thread. Specifically here, here and here. The usual PM was sent to RL informing him of the ban. He replied asking me could be ban be lifted for a week as the Cheltenham festival was on. I said no. He then linked me to this post and this post which did seem to give some merit to his claim.

I started this thread in the mod forum, and I also PM'd mdwexford the claims of RL. He denied that it was him using RL's account and claimed that they were friends and that RL had been "around in his house" earlier using his PC.

RL has no real history on the HR forum, but mdwexford does, and can be a bit of a muppet when he wants to be, and has been banned in the past on the forum. I also believe that he is currently banned from poker.

So there are 3 possibilities as far as I can see:

1) mdwexford is telling the truth and RL is lying
    2) RL is telling the truth and mdwexford is lying
    3) they are both lying, and having a good 'ol chuckle at our expense.

Either way, I don't have the wisdom of Solomon, and I decided to give them both a break as:

a) They are obviously connected in some way.
    b) They are both telling the same story different ways
    c) muppetcheck throws up a link.

I've just had another long PM conversation with RichieLawlor. He is adamant that mdwexford used his account to post trolly and abusive messages on the HR forum (and probably elsewhere). He says that they are mates and that he had left his account logged in on mdwexfords machine. mdwexford then went on to abuse this situation.

I'm not one to make the decision, but I would suspect that this warrants a site ban for the OP, if it's true.

• Advertisement

First of all i am the number one poster on horse racing, my in depth knowledge is unsurpassed by anyone :). People argue over racing a lot, you'd know this if you were involved in the forum or had any knowledge of racing. I also have lots of posts on poker and id hope the mods there would verify that generally i do not troll or cause trouble.

Secondly thats 3 times you have called me a muppet Hobart, i thought personal abuse was not allowed on boards.

Thirdly i did not post anything on horse racing from Richie Lawlors account, he did and hes the one that abused you in pm's, its nothing to do with me. He also did not even do this from my house. Surely this can be confirmed from IP checks or something.

Also ive been told that you forwarded my private messages on to Richie without my consent, this is out of order imo.

I gave RichieLawlor the chance to respond on this thread if he wished and he hasn't, and he hasn't replied to my PM saying this.

Without further investigation into who was really typing those posts, the default fault lies with RichieLawlor as he is responsible for what is posted on his account. The fact that he has not responded is quite telling. First he says that his account was hacked, then he says that he was logged in and there was an abuse of trust.

In fairness mdwexford, you have a sketchy history with duplicate accounts on boards so naturally you are not trusted as much as others, but in this case I think you're telling the truth until other evidence turns up.

First of all i am the number one poster on horse racing, my in depth knowledge is unsurpassed by anyone :). People argue over racing a lot, you'd know this if you were involved in the forum or had any knowledge of racing. I also have lots of posts on poker and id hope the mods there would verify that generally i do not troll or cause trouble.
    Indeed.
    Secondly thats 3 times you have called me a muppet Hobart, i thought personal abuse was not allowed on boards.
    Don't the act the muppet, so.
    Thirdly i did not post anything on horse racing from Richie Lawlors account, he did and hes the one that abused you in pm's, its nothing to do with me. He also did not even do this from my house. Surely this can be confirmed from IP checks or something.

Also ive been told that you forwarded my private messages on to Richie without my consent, this is out of order imo.
    You gave me permission to forward your pm's onto him, are you saying you didn't?

I, personally, don't believe you. I think you typed those messages.

You are entitled to think what you like of me, you are not entitled however to call me what you like, this is a rule on boards, being a mod i thought you'd know this.

I thought you meant just the first pm, didnt know you meant you were forwarding on all my pm's to him.

Well you are wrong im afraid, which messages do you think i typed, the ones in horse racing and his pm's to you?

You are entitled to think what you like of me, you are not entitled however to call me what you like, this is a rule on boards, being a mod i thought you'd know this.
    Calling you a muppet, when talking about you acting the muppet is ok. If it hurts your feelings, I apologise.
    I thought you meant just the first pm, didnt know you meant you were forwarding on all my pm's to him.
    I asked you if I could use your response to his allegations and forward it on to him. You said I could. I see no real issue in forwarding on 2, 4, 10 PM's if they all deal with the one issue. you are both 'friends' after all, aren't you?
    Well you are wrong im afraid, which messages do you think i typed, the ones in horse racing and his pm's to you?
    I have a fair idea where the PM's are from. I also have a fair idea where the messages were posted from, well the one's in dispute anyhow. We'll wait and see what Richie has to say on the matter, will we?

• Advertisement

....forwarding on all my pm's to him.

BTW, I presume the messages he sent to the poker mods, and the soccer mods, where he claimed you were posting from his account, are also lies?

I accept your heartfelt apology.

Yes we are, meh we'll agree to disagree.

What do you mean you've a fair idea, no point in being cryptic, they didnt come from my house im fairly sure you can see.

I have posted nothing on Richie's account, if he left himself logged in its his fault, maybe he didnt post that stuff but i certainly didnt. If he leaves himself logged in on computers everywhere stuff like this is going to happen. I know it happened to me one day when i left myself logged in and my friend was on my pc.

I cant see how anything can be resolved though to be honest, we're just going round in circles. But seeing as no abuse came from my account i do not see why i am being punished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

I have not posted as I've been busy.

I think the situation is simple I did not post abusive material myself, a simple ip check can confirm this. The posts in some forums ridicule me, why would I abuse myself.

An ip check confirms that you were where you say you were. It's your own fault that you left yourself logged in. Unless you can show that it wasn't you posting.

What posts ridiculed yourself?

What timeframe were you on mdwexfords computer? You said that all posts after 5 (and before 6 I presume) were not yours. Is this a precise timeframe for when you were not at the computer?

mdwexford, can you explain what timeframe he was at your place?

I accept your heartfelt apology.

Yes we are, meh we'll agree to disagree.

What do you mean you've a fair idea, no point in being cryptic, they didnt come from my house im fairly sure you can see.
    Your IP and his IP match at a number of stages, both yesterday around the disputed time, and on occasions before. Now I'm not saying that they are your "house" all I'm saying is that the facts are clear.
    I have posted nothing on Richie's account, if he left himself logged in its his fault, maybe he didnt post that stuff but i certainly didnt. If he leaves himself logged in on computers everywhere stuff like this is going to happen. I know it happened to me one day when i left myself logged in and my friend was on my pc.
    Are you saying he was not on a computer that you were on yesterday, and that he did not leave himself logged on on that PC? Becuase he said something really radically different to me. Sure, I forwarded the PM to you, Gordon, and RicheLawlor got a copy.
    I cant see how anything can be resolved though to be honest, we're just going round in circles. But seeing as no abuse came from my account i do not see why i am being punished.
    I'll tell you how, by telling the truth. He says that he was around your place yesterday, at some stage. He claimed that you somehow gained access to his account, and started posting (bile) I think was how he refereed to it, on a couple of forums. You say that it wasn't you, but the IP's match? Strange...now unless the whole IP world suffered a catastrophic anomaly yesterday, and they started replicating themselves on a random basis, and you and Richie were given the same one, I don't really know what happened. So clear this up:

Was he 'round your place yesterday?
    Was he using a machine you had access to?
    Did you compromise his account by posting in his name?
    Why do the IP's match, when you claim it wasn't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Gordon wrote: »
    An ip check confirms that you were where you say you were. It's your own fault that you left yourself logged in. Unless you can show that it wasn't you posting.

What posts ridiculed yourself?

What timeframe were you on mdwexfords computer? You said that all posts after 5 (and before 6 I presume) were not yours. Is this a precise timeframe for when you were not at the computer?

Its was around 5 to 6 when the posting happened, I left the house to go collect the child, obv I didn't see md actually posting, but it surely was not me.

The post in the snooker and pool section layed out a money challenge to the best players in the country, I edited this I assume u can see edits, also one of the posts in poker refers to me as Rick Lawlor, I'd never refer to myself like that.

Those 'alien' post did not come from this ip which is my iPhone.

Gordon wrote: »

Im not 100% sure, maybe 5-ish.
    Hobart wrote: »
    Your IP and his IP match at a number of stages, both yesterday around the disputed time, and on occasions before. Now I'm not saying that they are your "house" all I'm saying is that the facts are clear.

Are you saying he was not on a computer that you were on yesterday, and that he did not leave himself logged on on that PC? Becuase he said something really radically different to me. Sure, I forwarded the PM to you, Gordon, and RicheLawlor got a copy.

I'll tell you how, by telling the truth. He says that he was around your place yesterday, at some stage. He claimed that you somehow gained access to his account, and started posting (bile) I think was how he refereed to it, on a couple of forums. You say that it wasn't you, but the IP's match? Strange...now unless the whole IP world suffered a catastrophic anomaly yesterday, and they started replicating themselves on a random basis, and you and Richie were given the same one, I don't really know what happened. So clear this up:

Was he 'round your place yesterday?
    Was he using a machine you had access to?
    Did you compromise his account by posting in his name?
    Why do the IP's match, when you claim it wasn't you?

No im not saying that at all, Richie was here using my computer yesterday, i watched him type the 3 horse racing posts you linked with my own eyes, this is a fact which i hope hes not disputing, i did not see any pm's to you though. I do not know if he left himself logged in on my pc, when i next checked boards there was no-one logged in. But other people in my house do use the computer so im not responsible for whats posted if he left himself logged in to my computer.

Your pedantic sarcastic posts are not helping the situation.

Yes.
    Yes.
    No.
    Answered above i think.

Im not 100% sure, maybe 5-ish.

No im not saying that at all, Richie was here using my computer yesterday, i watched him type the 3 horse racing posts you linked with my own eyes, this is a fact which i hope hes not disputing,
    he is disputing this. He claimed in a PM to me that it wasn't him, it was you. He used you hacking his account as an excuse for it. I've already told you this via pm.
    i did not see any pm's to you though. I do not know if he left himself logged in on my pc, when i next checked boards there was no-one logged in. But other people in my house do use the computer so im not responsible for whats posted if he left himself logged in to my computer.
    So it was 'somebody else' in your house. I see.
    Your pedantic sarcastic posts are not helping the situation.

Yes.
    Yes.
    No.
    Answered above i think.
    I seem to have to be pedantic, as you seem to be forgetting what I have already said to you. As I have stated earlier, he claims it was you, not your sister or granny.

Ive just been talking to Richie, he is not disputing that he posted the horse racing stuff at all, talk to him and confirm this please.

No im saying i know nothing about it, simple as, stop trying to twist my words. Its obvious you have it in for me because i pulled you up on berating a horse racing poster a few weeks ago.

Ive just been talking to Richie, he is not disputing that he posted the horse racing stuff at all, talk to him and confirm this please.

No im saying i know nothing about it, simple as, stop trying to twist my words. Its obvious you have it in for me because i pulled you up on berating a horse racing poster a few weeks ago.

I'll let him post it here, or he can PM me. He's being saying something totally different since last night. He told me you 'hacked' his account and that you posted in his username in horse racing. He even asked for his ban to be lifted, while I investigated this. I wonder what has changed his mind?

There's also the case of some mysterious person posting under his name in other fora, not that that concerns me.

I'm not twisting your words, I'm telling it as it is. As for your (numerous) accusations at me, believe me, your too small a fish to even break the water, as far as me "having it in for you" is concerned.

./Edit
    Actually in the following quote
    I have not posted as I've been busy.

I think the situation is simple I did not post abusive material myself, a simple ip check can confirm this. The posts in some forums ridicule me, why would I abuse myself.
    he appears to contradict you.

• Advertisement

Why do you keep using cryptic little innuendos, what do you think i did threaten his family unless he says it was him that posted it. You seem to be living in a dream world.

If the posts on other forums dont concern you then i should be unbanned from horse racing straight away, last time i checked it isnt against the rules for someone to post from any computer they choose which is what Richie did, i didnt do anything to warrent a ban on horse racing.

What exactly am i banned for? You've tried your best to wind me up in this thread for quite a while calling me a muppet, a liar and now a small fish. Who do you think you are, the power has gone way to your head.

He is not contradicting me, let me break it down for you as you seem to be having trouble understanding, Richie posted the stuff on horse racing, both he and i can confirm and agree on this, he is denying he made the other posts on soccer and poker, i have no idea who made these posts either, none of this is any reason for me to be banned from horse racing.

Why do you keep using cryptic little innuendos, what do you think i did threaten his family unless he says it was him that posted it. You seem to be living in a dream world.

If the posts on other forums dont concern you then i should be unbanned from horse racing straight away, last time i checked it isnt against the rules for someone to post from any computer they choose which is what Richie did, i didnt do anything to warrent a ban on horse racing.

What exactly am i banned for? You've tried your best to wind me up in this thread for quite a while calling me a muppet, a liar and now a small fish. Who do you think you are, the power has gone way to your head.

He is not contradicting me, let me break it down for you as you seem to be having trouble understanding, Richie posted the stuff on horse racing, both he and i can confirm and agree on this, he is denying he made the other posts on soccer and poker, i have no idea who made these posts either, none of this is any reason for me to be banned from horse racing.

You're reading something into it that's not there. I fear for your blood pressure tbh.

I explained why you are currently banned, and i actually pm'd you and your mate, as to how the situation can be resolved, to all of our satisfactions.

I won't repeat myself anymore. If RicheLawlor posts here that what he said to me last night and today is total BS, well then that's that. Until then, I'll reserve my suspicions. I hope that that's clear enough for you.

Advertisement