Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Limerick shams"coming to a town near you

• 06-03-2009 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭

Just read the good news on Limerick today website.Clare co.council to get 1 million euro to export their problems to co. clare.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I take it you won't be rolling out the welcome mat? Here's the detail of the story.
    Premium Article !

Your account has been frozen. For your available options click the below button.
    Options

Premium Article !

To read this article in full you must have registered and have a Premium Content Subscription with the Limerick Leader City Editio site.
    Subscribe

Registered Article !

To read this article in full you must be registered with the site.
    Sign In
    Register

Councils to get funding to rehouse families

TH1_53200947brendan%20kenny.JPG
    Brendan Kenny, CEO of the Regeneration Agency
    [URL="javascript:%20ShowThumb(0);"]TH3_53200947brendan%20kenny.JPG[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:%20ShowThumb(1);"]1pixel_spacer.gif[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:%20ShowThumb(2);"]1pixel_spacer.gif[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:%20ShowThumb(3);"]1pixel_spacer.gif[/URL]
    [URL="javascript:%20ShowThumb(4);"]1pixel_spacer.gif[/URL]

[URL="javascript:%20PreviousBlock();"]« Previous[/URL]
    « Previous
    [URL="javascript:%20NextBlock();"]Next »[/URL]
    Next »

[URL="javascript:%20ViewGallery();"]View Gallery[/URL]

ADVERTISEMENT
    vc?z=nebuAD&dim=20&abr=$imginiframe ;ord=123456789?

Published Date: 07 March 2009
    By Petula Martyn
    LIMERICK County Council and Clare County Council are to be given millions of euro in Government funding to relocate families from regeneration estates to their local authority areas, as part of a new regional strategy on social housing.
    Limerick Regeneration is expected to get a cash injection of j28 million for 2009, and a significant slice of that funding will go to the three local authorities to facilitate families who wish to move. Brendan Kenny, the CEO of the Regeneration Agency, moved to alleviate fears that there would be a mass exodus from regeneration areas to private housing estates in the suburbs.

"Regeneration is not about widespread dispersal, we accepted from the beginning that some families would opt to move."

He said people living in private housing estates should not fear that problems associated with Moyross, Southill, Ballinacurra Weston and St Mary's Park will be dispersed. He said the majority of people living in these estates are decent, hard-working people, most of whom will choose to stay in their communities.

"The reality is that people who are re-housed will have to be cleared by the gardai and the local authority, and the likelihood is the better families are the ones who will opt to move."

He said Limerick County Council and Clare County Council "will be very careful who they house", and families involved in crime have no hope of getting a house.

While the figures have not yet been officially confirmed, it is expected that Limerick County Council will be given €4 million to buy houses in the county, Clare County Council will be given €1 million to buy houses north of the Shannon, and the city council will be given €5 million to relocate families to houses within the city boundary.

Cllr Kevin Kiely said people from regeneration areas have been the victims of government policy and local government policy on housing.

"Limerick County Council and Clare County Council are going to have to play their parts and react in a responsible manner and facilitate these people," he said.

The councillor said the onus was on the local authorities to ensure the people being relocated meet the criteria set down by their new housing authority.

Really, you have no idea what these people are like, so calling them shams says more about you then them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Fantastic, more scum coming to Ennis. Its bad enough as it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

exiot wrote: »
    Fantastic, more scum coming to Ennis. Its bad enough as it is
    We shouldn't have to worry too much, the Gardai will have their integrated CCTV surveillance system in full swing by the scumbags arrive. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Insulting_Bitch

It won't make the town any better but to be fair it won't make it any worse. There are enough in Ennis to create more havoc than these 'shams.'

Get off your high horse and consider that unless you live in an already poxy part of Ennis, this won't really affect you too much.

Besides, it's another splendid display of the 'not in my front garden' mentality.

It won't make the town any better but to be fair it won't make it any worse. There are enough in Ennis to create more havoc than these 'shams.'

Get off your high horse and consider that unless you live in an already poxy part of Ennis, this won't really affect you too much.

Besides, it's another splendid display of the 'not in my front garden' mentality.
    One must also note that one of the most notorious districts of Limerick, IE Pineview and Delmige Park in Moyross both lie in the County of Clare. So Clare CC must take some responsibility over sorting out this mess. :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I thought the boundary sign was a bit farther down the road past delmage? Been a while since I used to go past there.

MarkR wrote: »
    I thought the boundary sign was a bit farther down the road past delmage? Been a while since I used to go past there.
    No, Delmige & Pineview are as far down as that estate goes and its in CCC Property.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Millies

apparantly people in Shannon have been told by the gardai that they won't be running out at every hand's turn to sort out problems caused by the 25 or so families that are being moved into Shannon from Limerick
    mostly around Aidan and Rossbracken from what they've been told
    don't know how true it is but know people in the area and they're worried

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

No, Delmige & Pineview are as far down as that estate goes and its in CCC Property.

The fact that you cant spell Delmege correctly makes me think you have never actually been there.

Jumpy wrote: »
    The fact that you cant spell Delmege correctly makes me think you have never actually been there.
    So what if I was ever there, Its marked clearly on the ordnance survey map. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭eddiehobbs

Heard a rumour today that one of the Dundons has moved into a house in ennis recently.

For those of you who haven't heard of them

http://www.sundayworld.com/columnists/index.php?aid=995

As regards some of the other posts, not all of the people in these areas moyross etc... are involved in criminality, I just hope theres a strict criteria in place to ensure that the scumbags dont get new houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭happytime

i think that a good spell in a 1940's style 'camp' along the lines operated by a certain european neighbour at a certain historical era might serve these perpetrators well...they are human parasites which leech off the ordinary hard-working taxpayer; they offer no contribution to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭realismpol

This regeneration program is a joke. Scumbags are getting houses. Ive seen a huge increase of them even in my local area. And these people are not 'hard working ordinary folk'. Even today i noticed as i was walking down castletroy one of these particular scumbags taking a leak in the open in plain view of everyone. Looked over to him as if to say wtf are you doing you total scumbag but should have known by this haircut, clothes and general demeanour the type of person he was. He proceeded to shout obscenties back at me stare and began what was obviously his customary threats.

Thank you limerick local county council for exporting the scum because have no dount these people aren't 'ordinary hard working folks' thats just a buzz word to fool you, they are plain scum and this particular individual complete with 3 children was a perfect example. Standing there with his wang out with 3 kids on the main road shouting obsenties at people because he is taking a leak on a public road.

The area i live in was until these fools in the county council decided to play chess with scumbags a middle to upper class peaceful area with very few if no problems sure we had the odd rowdy student party here and there but now thanks to the social housing schemes placed nearby and rehousing its a semi scumbag zone thanks to the geniuses working in the county coucil and that fat frog ceo pictured above. You can take the scumbag out of the area but not the scumbag out of the person. If These people don't respect the rule of law where they were do these morons in the cc think they will when they move into a upper or middle class area? No they won't they'll just turn the area into what they want and disrespect that area and inhabitants and im speaking from experience here as i have experienced enough of this over the last 2 -3 years. They actually think that if you move these people into peaceful quiet areas in small groups they will stop their activities. Well im here to tell you it doesn't work and they need to be moved back where they came from. I have no problem with families who are peaceful quiet law abiding people but these folks are clearly not that. Of course the politicians don't care as long as these people aren't anywhere near their upper class homes.

Nope they are happy like they always are to let the middle class take the brunt of the problem.

Don't care if its not pc it's the truth the area has turned into a mess of grafetti, crime, attacks on students a huge litter increase and general lowlifes walking around the place. You can spot them a mile off, anyone can. They better start putting these people back where they came from or there is going to be a rise in tensions in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

Daycent! Gonna knife ye all. Mossy's coming to get ya.

mossy might get his head blown off if he's not careful

what they are really saying
    Regeneration is not about widespread dispersal, we accepted from the beginning that some families would opt to move."

bollox... widespread dispersal of scumbags is exactly whats its about

He said people living in private housing estates should not fear that problems associated with Moyross, Southill, Ballinacurra Weston and St Mary's Park will be dispersed. He said the majority of people living in these estates are decent, hard-working people, most of whom will choose to stay in their communities.

'Im really scared of scumbags in case they threaten me...heres a huge house some social welfare benefits and a shiny car. Please go away and bother some other people just leave me alone....'

"The reality is that people who are re-housed will have to be cleared by the gardai and the local authority, and the likelihood is the better families are the ones who will opt to move."

will they be using the same vetting procedures the politicians used on the financial institutions. If so then again 'BOLLOX'

Anytime anyone states ' this is not about' and a list follows you can pretty much gaurentee thats exactly what its all about

I remember a few months ago reading about how the regeneration agency staff were being threatened and were dealing directly with the trouble makers. Obviously they are scared of the criminal elements and caving into their every wish for a chance to live in a big house. What a slap in the face of people who worked hard all their lives and just want to live in peace away from these types of people. Its like if you act like a criminal fire a few shots at the regeneration agency building and threaten them you will get anything you want.

In this country we reward scumbags for murder with light sentences setanta sports in their prison cells, big houses for the trouble makers and an limitness supply of dole money and a pension. Theres no need to ever work. They can lie in bed all day, drug deal during the day and then go drink all day. Then they can go collect their dole money, Scumbags have it good in this country, real good. Instead of throwing people like this in jail with life sentences or in other cases worse we actually reward people for this type of behaviour. Its like Political correctness gone mad.

Advertisement