Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you ever question why we have to go through so much pain?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

bluewolf wrote: »
    Death is a perfectly natural state too :rolleyes:

I do get tired of all this "it's perfectly natural so there can't be anything wrong". There's a reason there's a f!-ton long list of problems that can be caused by pregnancy, from minor up to major including death.
    It's so weird though that something which is required for the survival of the human race is so unappealing and - in some cases - avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

I hear you bleed really heavily for 2 months afterwards aswell - is that true?:eek:

Well, in worst case scenario you would bleed for 2 months, but it wouldn't be heavily. If you experience persistent heavy bleeding for 2 months post-partum then there's something wrong and you'd need to see your GP.

Personally, it was 2-3 weeks of bleeding post-partum, but it wasn't even as heavy as a regular period. The "worst" days were the 3-5 days after delivery, which were like a normal period but after that it soon reduced in volume. You can't use tampons after a vaginal delivery for obvious reasons, so in that regard it wasn't so nice but it's not like you bleed for months afterwards, definitely not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dudess wrote: »
    It's so weird though that something which is required for the survival of the human race is so unappealing and - in some cases - avoided.
    That's evolution for you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I don't get ya.

Post natal depression - that's another cruel one. A new baby is supposed to be a joyful event (PND puts paid to that) and a new baby is also very tough, if rewarding (PND makes the tough parts even tougher).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dudess wrote: »
    I don't get ya.
    Just one of those things that show that humans could be built a hell of a lot better, but aren't, since that's not how evolution works.

It's not so much odd as comfortable or safe childbirth doesn't seem to have been necessary for the survival of the human race. Kinda makes sense when you think about it - as long as a child is produced, the species is continued, doesn't matter whether it was a comfortable experience for the mother or not.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Mr. Frost

When you give birth, and Grow a pair of testicles, i come over and kick you in them.

Then you'll feel the the pain.

Pfft! I'd much rather a kick in the sack than have gout!!!! :mad: Thee most excruciating pain...EVER....for a man anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

kapama wrote: »
    Amen to allandanyways.

The worst thing I experience as a woman is to work during pms. My moods change a hundred times during the day and my job requiers me to be friendly ALL THE TIME.

You poor thing, my job requires me to be friendly all the time aswell and im constantly dealing with rude people, yet i dont think its that big a deal whether ive my period or not.

This is the moanyiest thread ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I'm not playing down the pain women experience in various things, but seriously, nothing I have ever experienced compares to being kicked in the nuts. I really dislike when women trivialise this.

My point was get over it. We don't need to hear about it over and over and over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

This is the moanyiest thread ever.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

daiixi wrote: »
    My point was get over it. We don't need to hear about it over and over and over again.

............................................________
    ....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,
    .............................,.-”...................................“-.,
    .........................,/...............................................”:,
    .....................,?......................................................\,
    .................../...........................................................,}
    ................./......................................................,:`^`..}
    .............../...................................................,:”........./
    ..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
    ............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../
    .........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/
    ..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}
    ...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../
    ...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../
    ............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”
    ............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\
    .............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__
    ,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,
    .....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\
    ...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\
    ................................`:,,...........................`\..............__
    .....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
    ........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\
    ...................................,<`.._|_,-&``................`\

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

lol!

yet , men never hear woman complain right??!?! on the 5th page now girlies!!!

theres plus points of being a woman , also minus points ... the EXACT same for men

i find it true what someone said in this thread, least our problems(womans) are openly discussed... men's arent ..

moaniest thread ever... i wake up in the morning, be it in a bad mood or not , and just be happy that Im alive , im Healthy etc

Also all this complaining about how painful if is to have kids, imagine how painful it would be if you wanted a kid desperatly and couldnt ... me imo that sernario would be a lot worse

Chin up Girls

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I was having the same conversation after my baby was born and I was crying with the pain of breastfeeding through bleeding, cracked nipples. All of the supposedly natural things hurt so much. My brother was saying that women are just moaners, childbirth etc can't be 'that bad', it's 'natural'. I wish I could have nuts for a day so that I could get kicked in them (yes, you read that correctly ;) ) and finally have the conclusive answer, which pain is worse. I'd also like to experience sex as a man, see which of us has it better. Hey, if I'm going for the bad, might as well get the good, right?

I still wouldn't change it in a second, though, worth every second of pain to feel your baby kicking about inside you!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

embee wrote: »
    Well, in worst case scenario you would bleed for 2 months, but it wouldn't be heavily. If you experience persistent heavy bleeding for 2 months post-partum then there's something wrong and you'd need to see your GP.

Personally, it was 2-3 weeks of bleeding post-partum, but it wasn't even as heavy as a regular period. The "worst" days were the 3-5 days after delivery, which were like a normal period but after that it soon reduced in volume. You can't use tampons after a vaginal delivery for obvious reasons, so in that regard it wasn't so nice but it's not like you bleed for months afterwards, definitely not.

Thanks for helping to increase my already very irrational fear of pregnancy and having children. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Quackles wrote: »
    I was having the same conversation after my baby was born and I was crying with the pain of breastfeeding through bleeding, cracked nipples. All of the supposedly natural things hurt so much. My brother was saying that women are just moaners, childbirth etc can't be 'that bad', it's 'natural'.

Point out to him that having functioning nerve endings is natural and you'd be happy to demonstrate. Then kick him in the balls a few times. Then tell him to stop moaning because it's "not that bad, it's natural".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I haven't had a child, and I don't have nuts to be kicked in but I passed a kidney stone a few years back and I still have nightmares about the pain....

Women have it bad. So do men.

A few posters have put a positive attitude accross on all the OP's issues, and thats the difference between living your life and not giving excess attention to the crap stuff, and living your life feeling you got a raw deal, because you pay the crap more attention than its worth.

All that stuff is a small price to pay for the wonder of just being female, and I wouldn't change it for quids.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I haven't had a child, and I don't have nuts to be kicked in but I passed a kidney stone a few years back and I still have nightmares about the pain....

Women have it bad. So do men.

A few posters have put a positive attitude accross on all the OP's issues, and thats the difference between living your life and not giving excess attention to the crap stuff, and living your life feeling you got a raw deal, because you pay the crap more attention than its worth.

All that stuff is a small price to pay for the wonder of just being female, and I wouldn't change it for quids.

allabouteve you're totally jumping to conclusions there.

I said in a previous post I only think about this SOMETIMES, usually when it's brought up in conversation.

It's hardly like I go around everyday thinking 'WOE IS ME!':D

I just thought that this board is where you can post to get advice when you're feeling down or are having problems,

Maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

emo!! wrote: »
    lol!

yet , men never hear woman complain right??!?! on the 5th page now girlies!!!

theres plus points of being a woman , also minus points ... the EXACT same for men

Change your settings and it's only page 2.

Welcome to the Ladies Lounge. If you don't want to listen to women complain, don't read it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Change your settings and it's only page 2.

Welcome to the Ladies Lounge. If you don't want to listen to women complain, don't read it.
    no im happy with my setting thanks for the concern tho.

i was giving my thoughts on the subject just exactly like you where, freedom of speech much ??

tbh i just find the complaining silly.. okay we might have it a little harder ... but and i will stress again our problems are more openly discussed more so than men... suicide rate is much higher for males, and i personally think this is a factor..

Be happy your healthy, able get up in the morning stand on your own two feet, and dont have some illness that prevents you from doing so ... as Allabout eve said to much attention is put on the "crap stuff".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

This forum wasn't set up as an arena for women to complain.

This thread started off as, unkind as it may sound, a whinge. Still, instead of just degenerating into a row about who has it worse, it has revealed a positive spirit among some posters who agree that everyone has it hard, but most of us just get on with it.

At the moment, it doesn't seem to be going much of anywhere else. I don't want to see any more "HUH, you think YOU have it bad, how would YOU know anything, you're just a MAN/WOMAN/<INSERT OTHER>" posts on this thread, or I'll lock it and throw away the key.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

mp1972 wrote: »
    Thanks for helping to increase my already very irrational fear of pregnancy and having children. :pac:

lol, at least you know it's irrational :D

Nothing to be scared of at all, it's grand!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

embee wrote: »
    lol, at least you know it's irrational :D

Nothing to be scared of at all, it's grand!

I don't like children though. They're such horrible little creatures. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

I have moments where I rage at the world for all the unnecessary suffering women have to go through. It just seems so unfair.Does anybody else ever think about this?

To list:

*Pain during first sex. It was like being stabbed for at least the first five times for me. My best friend hinted that she suffered for a long time aswell with this. It was agony. Why? Why build a woman that she has to go through that?

*Breast pain and tenderness

*Period pain

*PMS

-Agony during childbirth (What is the point of this, why not just feel the need to push?)

-Suffering during menopause. I saw my poor mother go through this and she said it was absolute hell for her. Why does our reproductive system have to stop and men's don't?

And finally - not pain, but it's unfair: men can come during actual sex and most women cant or find it extrememely hard. Again why design women like this?

I just feel so angry sometimes because there seems so much unnecessary suffering and pain directed at us for no reason.

Anyone else ever get down about this?:(

I've never know about any of this! Why don't women talk about these things? Is it taboo or something?

Father Ted: "Now thats Sarcasm"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Masonman - this thread was started by a woman to talk about her discomfort and general pissed off ness at her woman issues, you don't need to make such comments, if you want to do that you can go to AH.

consider yourself warned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Elle Victorine

I think we're probably equal in many ways to be honest...I mean isn't passing a kidney stone for men the equivalent of giving birth for women?

AS for periods yeah they're pretty sh*t for some women but there's a large number it doesn't really put in on that much(myself inclusive there). Figure the fact that their balls are on the outside and the amount of smacks they get will probably even out in the grand scheme of things :p I mean even their underwear can cut them in two!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I think we're probably equal in many ways to be honest...I mean isn't passing a kidney stone for men the equivalent of giving birth for women?

AS for periods yeah they're pretty sh*t for some women but there's a large number it doesn't really put in on that much(myself inclusive there). Figure the fact that their balls are on the outside and the amount of smacks they get will probably even out in the grand scheme of things :p I mean even their underwear can cut them in two!
    I remember my friends father sayin that about kidney stones.That and he made noises like a cat in distress cause of the things.
    Still not sure how that conversation came up :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭masonman

Jules wrote: »
    Masonman - this thread was started by a woman to talk about her discomfort and general pissed off ness at her woman issues, you don't need to make such comments, if you want to do that you can go to AH.

consider yourself warned!

Fair enough, I could have approached it differently - duly noted . Not everyone is a Fr Ted fan :o

Advertisement