Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Apartment.

Options
  • 06-03-2009 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for some info, does anyone have a rough idea of the % of heat loss through a roof, i have a 1st floor apartment with attic above. 80SQM. 100mm Fiberglass which is twenty years old and in a bad way, colllapsed to about 40mm. The sitting room / kitchen is 6mSQ (Kitchen is a 2.4sqm room in the sitting room - 2KW Base unit) open fire. Two outside walls with 50mm aeroboard. We cannot heat the sitting room. Two Duoheat 500 dimplex heaters.

Model No. Duo500i
    Nominal Output 1.4kW
    Charge Acceptance 18.2kWh
    Background/Input 2.6kW
    Rating 0.39kW

Any ideas.... I was thinking of insulating the ceiling with 100mm of Polyiso... No air leaks from the windows etc... But i am also starting to think the heating is undersized.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,168 ✭✭✭10-10-20

No doubts about it, that insulation needs to be improved.
    Rock wool is most effective when it's 'fluffed' and not compressed.
    Look for any black spots in it where it will show where air is flowing through it. Block them off with a suitable filler.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

Put in 200m of glass fibre in the attic and you should notice a big difference.

Advertisement