Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new NCF store

Options
  • 06-03-2009 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

was already open today.

Turned out lovely.

Wishing them the best of success !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭glezo

+ 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

What is the NCF shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The Connacht Gold store at Deepwater Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Yes, best of luck to them. I got the brochure through the door today, some nice bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

I went down today as well,was really impressed with it:)

Wonder what their opening times are though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

brochure says 9 - 5.30 Mo-Sat, 12 - 5 on Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 43,892 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Going down there in a while..

Apparently, there's a dog groomer down there so going down to get our 6 month old Yorkie trimmed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Yup, they have a dog groomer down there. Its a class spot. Has everything in it. Just like homebase only cheaper (now for ya bobbo)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

We did all the signage/banners/window graphics/internal letters etc etc...

Bragging aside:p, we're pretty proud of our work there ... regarding opening times, all material with that is going up on Thursday...ahead of official opening.

Went in to get dog groomed.. next available slot for grooming was March 19th!

The grooming service looked absolutely top-notch though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

I was in there yesterday, nice shop, well laid out - even has loos! :D

Don't think much of their loyalty card scheme, though. The man at the till thinks it can only be used there and not at other NCF stores (anyone know any different?) and you have to spend a thousand Euro to get ten Euro off!! :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

That would not be unusual, most loyalty schemes give back 1%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Was in there today, what a lovely shop...and I want one of each of the pets:D

magnumlady wrote: »
    Was in there today, what a lovely shop...and I want one of each of the pets:D

The floppy eared bunnies are adorable! I didn't think much of the signage though - there were spelling mistakes everywhere... Bob Car must've written them. (Only kiddin!)

The shop's pretty decent alright & seems nicely priced... I did have a couple of gripes though - I asked a staff member if they sold timber sleepers, he said they did, but when I asked what size they were, he told me that they were "probably the same size as all timber sleepers." Not much bloody help there!

Also - had a look outside at paving slabs, gravel etc & there's no prices on anything or even a description so I could go back & ask at the counter. They need more signage, methinks!

The floppy eared bunnies are adorable! I didn't think much of the signage though - there were spelling mistakes everywhere... Bob Car must've written them. (Only kiddin!)

The shop's pretty decent alright & seems nicely priced... I did have a couple of gripes though - I asked a staff member if they sold timber sleepers, he said they did, but when I asked what size they were, he told me that they were "probably the same size as all timber sleepers." Not much bloody help there!

Also - had a look outside at paving slabs, gravel etc & there's no prices on anything or even a description so I could go back & ask at the counter. They need more signage, methinks!
    Uh-oh Culchie.... quick, better defend your honour! :)

There's a piccy here for anyone who hasn't been in there:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/magnumlady/3351124163/

I also like that they have vending machines with tea, coffee and sandwiches and tables and chairs....homebase could do with something like that now Instore cafe has gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭darealtulip

basquille wrote: »

And Boobcar aswell, defend your honour!!

And Boobcar aswell, defend your honour!!

That's so funny:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

basquille wrote: »

I think he's winding me up. More signage is good though;) Suggest it to them

Culchie wrote: »
    I think he's winding me up. More signage is good though;) Suggest it to them

Me ... taking the ssip? Bad spellighd is unforgivable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

what does the NCF stand for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

North Connaught Farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    North Connaught Farmers

bit like the cremeries, always wondered why they were called that, any time i've been in one always liked more like a general hardware store

<was born and raised in city, dont know much about this kind of thing :D>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

irish-stew wrote: »
    bit like the cremeries, always wondered why they were called that, any time i've been in one always liked more like a general hardware store

<was born and raised in city, dont know much about this kind of thing :D>

Well it hasn't been called NCF in over 10 years ;)

When NCF first started it was really mostly the creamery side of things but that slowly died away .now with Connacht Gold they are far more marketed at the hardware side of things especially in the Sligo store

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Its a huge big shop now, there was a huge crowd in it over the weekend, it should do well...its closer to the town than Homebase + it seems a bit cheaper. Fair play to them ( I do not work there or have any connection ).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

It is a big shop alright,some of the things are cheaper than Homebase but i found a few things that are not.
    My mother was in there on Saturday and she thought some of the things the Homeware section were a bit old fashioned!
    It is closer to town than Homebase but it's not necessarily easier to get to...

jimmmy wrote: »
    Its a huge big shop now, there was a huge crowd in it over the weekend, it should do well...its closer to the town than Homebase + it seems a bit cheaper. Fair play to them ( I do not work there or have any connection ).

I find Homebase expensive for most things. I only go there if they are cheaper or when everywhere else is colsed (Hombase is open till 8)

going to NCF today hope they have what I'm looking for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭rio-rose

was in NCF today, have to say what a fine place it is..

a credit to them...

the pet area is fantasic, but prices are very high on most animals
    and as for the toilets, thank god i dont have short arms to reach the toilet roll :confused:

was in the ncf shop today, really nice shop bit they seemed to price everything up. Used to got there in the past for cheap stuff but was really surpriced to find the same prices as in KG and Homebase! Great pet department though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement