Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is the best rig out there???

Options
  • 06-03-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

what is the best rig out there???

well??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Maybe you want something like this ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

oil-rig.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭seanyfarrell

i was thinking if i was to buy and build myself ... what would be the best.. iv built the one i have now but im kinda out of it on grafx cards and that... and processers like whats this i7 from intel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

The new i7 offers nothing extra to gamers, its a server chip. No game out there uses more than one or two cores so its pointless having 8 logical cores. You'll get great value in an older penryn quadcore with 4GB of good ddr2 which is for peanuts atm. Save your money for a better graphics card as this is where money is better spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    oil-rig.jpg

It even has watercooling.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the_syco wrote: »
    A cluster with one PSU?
    I suppose if you can find a PSU that can pump out 2.35 Megawatts, then sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Overheal wrote: »
    :o Was meant to have quoted Burgo's pos.

BTW, I'm drooling at the 1.7 petaflops :eek: :cool:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Overheal wrote: »
    You could rip the plutonium power cell for the flux capacitor from a delorean. They're good for about 1.51 Gigawatts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Actually watched Richard Hammond yesterday explain about the worlds biggest oil rig called Troll, amazing piece of engineering, height of 472 meters and weighs 656,000 tons. Wiki

124.jpg

This is the view from inside a leg looking up, takes 9mins in an elevator to hit the sea floor.
    121.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭seanyfarrell

this is about computers not oil rigs

Advertisement