Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Can't get phantom fm on my radio anymore

• 06-03-2009 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Since my return to north Dublin, i105-107fm, a midlands based radio station, has taken over the frequency where phantom 105.2fm was previously.

Has anyone in the same area experienced this problem too and what can be done about it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

They're VERY close together alright, but they shouldn't be overlapping. i105-107 is on 104.9 in North co. Dublin and Phantom 105.2 is on (shock!) 105.2.

As far as I'm aware, every station is supposed to be at least 0.3 away from the next station - so no station should be interfering with any other so much that the sound from one can be heard over the other. It may, for you, just be a case of tweaking your tuner slightly or getting a better radio receiver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

MelanieD wrote: »
    Since my return to north Dublin, i105-107fm, a midlands based radio station, has taken over the frequency where phantom 105.2fm was previously.

Has anyone in the same area experienced this problem too and what can be done about it?

Hi Melanie,

Im sorry you cant hear Phantom at the moment. I105-107 are on 105.00 and it is causing us problems in North Dublin. Can you let me know what part of North Dublin you are in and I can chase it up with the regulator.

Regards,
    Simon
    simon@phantom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28 MelanieD

Hi Melanie,

Im sorry you cant hear Phantom at the moment. I105-107 are on 105.00 and it is causing us problems in North Dublin. Can you let me know what part of North Dublin you are in and I can chase it up with the regulator.

Regards,
    Simon
    simon@phantom.ie

Hi Simon,

I'm living in Balbriggan.
    I was living in Cork in seven months and was looking forward to tuning into Phantom upon my return but was very annoyed to hear this new station has taken over Phantom's frequency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭SimonMaher

MelanieD wrote: »
    Hi Simon,

I'm living in Balbriggan.
    I was living in Cork in seven months and was looking forward to tuning into Phantom upon my return but was very annoyed to hear this new station has taken over Phantom's frequency.

Thanks Melanie,

I will follow up on that and get back to you. Youre not the first to have reported problems but it takes a fair bit to get the regulator to take attention. Messages like yours help and are much appreciated.

Simon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I'm also in Balbriggan. i105 sounds perfectly clear on 104.95 and 105.00. On 105.20 it has very fuzzy reception but is dominant over Phantom which can barely be heard in the background. Here's hoping the regulator can act on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

jesus thats awful close!! someone dropped the ball on organizing what freq's go where on i105-107

hope is gets sorted cos i listen to phantom a lot when im in Dublin...

best of luck Simon

Advertisement