Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston South Quarter

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 How low?

@Peter83

I second that. I agree with you on the 'assumptions are dangerous' comment. You only have to read the posts from the poor souls who bought property in 2006 assuming it'd go higher to know that.

I'm not purposely trying to be negative, as I pointed out I like the apartments down there. However I am trying to establish the facts and I don't think you can blame me if the facts come out negative for the rent2purchase scheme.

The best of luck with everything, I hope it works out for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 duffer08

wildela... i am interested in doing the scheme too but im not sure if the apartments are worth what they are asking for.. did you settle for the original price.? also did you settle for the original rent?

one more thing.. did they give you a certain block to chose from or could you pick whatever apartment you want?

would really appreciate your advice on this one... thanks a mil :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wildela

Duffer08:... We settled on the original price (for now), our rent will be 1300 pcm, didnt haggle that, as its cheaper than the rent we are paying at the moment. We secured our unit at the original launch weekend, so had quite a choice of apartment layout & orientation. Not sure what ones are left now. We are delighted with the unit we have secured, they are only worth what people are willing to pay.. so to us they were value for money. Good look with it, and fyi, there is a scale model of the proposed finished scheme, in a room beside the entrance to the show apartments, which give an idea of how the finished scheme will look. Of course this may not be realised in the short term, given the GFC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 duffer08

Wildela wrote: »
    Duffer08:... We settled on the original price (for now), our rent will be 1300 pcm, didnt haggle that, as its cheaper than the rent we are paying at the moment. We secured our unit at the original launch weekend, so had quite a choice of apartment layout & orientation. Not sure what ones are left now. We are delighted with the unit we have secured, they are only worth what people are willing to pay.. so to us they were value for money. Good look with it, and fyi, there is a scale model of the proposed finished scheme, in a room beside the entrance to the show apartments, which give an idea of how the finished scheme will look. Of course this may not be realised in the short term, given the GFC.

thanks for the reply...

love the positive outlook :)... is it a two bed for 1300? also did you get parking with that? the block they are offering me is 9. its facing town but only if your on the 3rd floor! or the iner apartments are facing into a small courtyard.. but i have to say they are amazing apartments..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Wildela

Yip, 2 bed with massive balcony, facing into that courtyard you mentioned. The car parking was extra, euro 50 pcm.
    Yes, they are amazing apartments... The standard of design is amazing, funky, and well thought out. I believe they set the bar high here, and with the A2 energy rating, community heating system etc., this development meets energy ratings that will have to be met by all housing, including existing dwellings, in 2015, so we're future proofed. I really like the feel of the place, good vibes. I just hope that the ground floor retail units get rented out. This is what will bring life and vibrancy to the street level. I had read somewhere that some of the units will be rented out to NCAD graduates, to set up workshop / retail units. I really hope this is the case, would prefer that than starbuks anyday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Two brand new posters both ecstatically bigging up a particular development - am I the only one who smells astroturf?

P.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Wildela wrote: »
    I had read somewhere that some of the units will be rented out to NCAD graduates, to set up workshop / retail units. I really hope this is the case, would prefer that than starbuks anyday.

If this does happen it would be very fortuitous- it would lend the area a great atmosphere- it could be the Saint Michele area of Dublin :) Sounds nice.

oceanclub wrote: »
    Two brand new posters both ecstatically bigging up a particular development - as I the only one who smells astroturf? P.

As per usual- with posts of this nature- I checked IP addresses, registration e-mails etc. If there is astroturf involved- someone went to a lot more trouble than people normally bother to.......

smccarrick wrote: »
    As per usual- with posts of this nature- I checked IP addresses, registration e-mails etc. If there is astroturf involved- someone went to a lot more trouble than people normally bother to.......

Fair enough, I'm just genetically cynical.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 How low?

oceanclub wrote: »
    Fair enough, I'm just genetically cynical.

P.

You know what, I don't think it is fair enough. Them people are ignoring the facts and if you're going to come on here and be all sunshine and lollipops about this scheme I'd like you to argue some of the points, no facts, namely:

Your rent at 50 to 100 percent above the market rate.
    Your exposure to an apartment price fixed at the current market rate in the middle of a housing crash. Which is overvalued by at least 20 percent at current rates.
    Your future exposure to management fees priced at 50 percent above the market rates.
    Not to mention you're moving in to a bloody building site!!!!!!

Come on people it's our national capacity for self delusion that got us in to this mess in the first place!! If were to get out of we can't continue down the path of putting belief in swanky marketing videos and talk of the ultimate in urban living!

• Advertisement

How low? wrote: »
    You know what, I don't think it is fair enough. You people are ignoring the facts

I think you mean "them people", but fair points.

At least, if this place turns into another Belmayne, they're only one stop from town on the Luas.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Paul F

Hello

My name is Paul Fanning. I am a director of Rhatigan Commercial Developments Ltd. the developers of Heuston South Quarter and the author of www.rent2purchase.ie

I have posted to this thread on a previous occasion, in response to the many varied comments on the site. Since then, I have followed with great interest the many trains of thought about both rent2purchase.ie and HSQ.

First of all I would like to say, that I fully understand that HSQ is not going to be for everyone, and there are many reasons why people may decide against it, through location, price, aspect and surrounding properties.

However, for those that are interested in the development either through conventional purchase methods, leasing, rent2purchase.ie and affordable housing, I would be delighted to answer any specific queries that you may have.

I unfortunately will not be able to reply online to each query but I will respond to all individual queries which you may have through my email address which is pfanning@rhatigandevelopments.ie

We at Rhatigan Commercial Developments Ltd. value each and every comment on such informative sites as these, and take them into account when looking at both current and future projects.

If anybody wishes to gain further information in repect of the development, then please feel free to contact me. I cannot guarantee to have all the answers that you may seek, however I will endavour to answer as best I can, all queries that you may have.

Kind Regards

Paul Fanning

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭peter83

Paul F wrote: »
    Hello

If anybody wishes to gain further information in repect of the development, then please feel free to contact me. I cannot guarantee to have all the answers that you may seek, however I will endavour to answer as best I can, all queries that you may have.

Kind Regards

Paul Fanning

Have contacted Paul on a couple of occasions in the past in relation to HSQ and he has been very helpful and (I believe) honest so I would definitely suggest that anyone with an genuine interest in HSQ contact Paul if they have any concerns.

Thread closed.

Edit:

In response to the PMs received- this thread was closed as Boards.ie have a policy governing all commercial interactions. The post above from Paul F was posted without prior approval being sought from the forum moderators and does not comply with site policies. In the interests of fairness I have allowed the post and the thread to stand- as there is good information there.

Regards,

SMcCarrick

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement