Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Patrick's Day celebrations in Dun Laoghaire/Dalkey

Options
  • 06-03-2009 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

I would like to go out and celebrate St Patrick's Day with my family but not go into town as it's crowded and we have an infant. Do you happen to know of any parades or events going on in Dun Laoghaire or Dalkey? I googled it and didn't find anything.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

There's never anything in Dalkey/Dun Laoghaire for families. Hop on the DART to Bray for the festival. Also a parade, not a patch on Dublin but enough colour to occupy an infant. Funfair on the seafront.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I would like to go out and celebrate St Patrick's Day with my family but not go into town as it's crowded and we have an infant. Do you happen to know of any parades or events going on in Dun Laoghaire or Dalkey? I googled it and didn't find anything.

Thanks! :)
    a long time ago (4-5 years ago) Dun Laoghaire had a 4th of july Parade for some god unknown reason (it wasnt when the JFK visited either!)

as mentioned, bray Sounds perfect if you have a infant.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,506 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

bray Sounds perfect if you have a infant.

There's a quote I thought I'd never read:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

yes, nothing much in Dun Laoghaire and the one in Bray is small, but will keep the kids jolly :) Among others, the local Karate group get involved (I was dragged to watch my sister in it).

Advertisement