Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom speed?

Options
  • 07-03-2009 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭

Hey just wondering if anyone can help. I noticed I was getting alot of lag when playing street fighter/fifa online today so decided to check the speedtest.net

Im getting really high pings around 400-500 and pretty slow download speed aswell. Is there anyway to fix this or is it just wait till it goes back to normal sort of job?

Im on eircom 3mb.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You should check and see if anyone is downloading anything using your connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

You should check and see if anyone is downloading anything using your connection.

How do I check this? I doubt it anyways as im in a pretty rural sort of area.

EDIT: By the way would turning it off/on or resetting the router be any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

sometimes they get slow for no reason , but if you want to check if anybody is on your network then look up your network map(control panel) to see if there are any other internet devices other then your own , or

just turn off the wifi on your laptop and see if you router is still flashing , indicating that it's transferring data

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

You should also check your line stats.

Advertisement