Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Firearms & new certificate's

Options
  • 07-03-2009 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Well 9 month's after filing a theft report with the Gardai & requesting a new certificate I am still waiting to hear from the FO.

I keep writing to him and he keeps ignoring me, does anyone know anything official regarding the policy of issuing new certificates following a theft.

Here is the original post if anyone is interested !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

ironsight wrote: »
    Well 9 month's after filing a theft report with the Gardai & requesting a new certificate I am still waiting to hear from the FO.

I keep writing to him and he keeps ignoring me, does anyone know anything official regarding the policy of issuing new certificates following a theft.

Here is the original post if anyone is interested !

are you a member or the nargc ..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Why are you writing to the FO instead of the Super?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭ironsight

Because the Super keeps refering me back to the FO, and tells me that it is the FO responsibility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

I keep writing to him and he keeps ignoring me,

Lodge an official complaint. Both at the station & the Garda Ombudsman. If you were to ignore a request to produce your driving documents, what do you think they would do?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Because the Super keeps refering me back to the FO, and tells me that it is the FO responsibility
    (1) There is no such post as the FO in the Gardai; it's a term of convenience we use, nothing more.
    (2) We've been told by the Superintendent in charge of implementing the CJA2006 changes to the Firearms Act that in such cases, you deal with the Superintendent (see the thread on that last year).
    (3) It's starting to look like you need the courts to intervene. Start a diary of all contacts with him and talk to a solicitor; contact the NARGC if you're a member. :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement