Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excel Protection.

• 07-03-2009 1:09am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭

I have an Excel Invoice template tailored to suit my needs which includes Logo & a formula for VAT calculation. I have the spreadsheet protected with the exception of the cells which require manual data entry. Even though the document is protected & the protected cells can't be tampered with, the logo & footer Info can still be clicked on & manipulated. Is there anyway to stop the likes of the logo being tampered with?

-

- EDIT -

SORTED

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭cat&mouse

Hello GadgetMan
    I'm not good but any little helps !!
    Did you try saving your file after you customized it as a Template. File, Save As .xlt .
    I wonder how you set up your invoice as I am working on mine but having problems with my Autonumbering. Was able to do it by Customizing the invoice and selecting AutoNumber in the macro but my new computer Windows XP will not allow me to Customise my template. I would appreciate if you could help here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

If the customer doesnt need to edit anything i would just print everything to pdf that way nothing can be altered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

cat&mouse wrote: »
    Hello GadgetMan
    I'm not good but any little helps !!
    Did you try saving your file after you customized it as a Template. File, Save As .xlt .
    I wonder how you set up your invoice as I am working on mine but having problems with my Autonumbering. Was able to do it by Customizing the invoice and selecting AutoNumber in the macro but my new computer Windows XP will not allow me to Customise my template. I would appreciate if you could help here?

Have a look at this Video.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement