Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

osteopath

• 07-03-2009 3:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭

do osteopaths take medical cards? dunno where else to post this. cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I doubt the taxpayer funds osteopathy. I hope they don't anyway. I don't know for sure, though.

The GPs on the bio+med forum would tell you for sure.

Feel free to cross post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Oh for some reason I didn't realise it came under the heading of alternative medicine. Well who would I need to see about my back that actually works with backs, do I have to go to the hospital? bummer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Personally I'd go to my GP. Nothing to lose of you have the medical card. What they recommend will depend on what's wrong with you.

The GP/orthopaedic/physio route is the only one with any evidence that they work. But some people find chiropracters and osteopaths to be useful. I think most of these people would have gotten better themselves anyway, but a lot of punters swear by it.

But I'd definitely get anything medical ruled out by your GP. Back pain is one of the commonest causes of work absenteeism, so GPs see it all the time.

Advertisement