Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom League Week 1

• 07-03-2009 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Went up to Dundalk last night for the Bohs game:

3333122681_481059e6df.jpg

3333614391_76feedfa74.jpg

3334449010_631b011d55.jpg

More on my blog!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Really love the first image. :D

I'm heading to Waterford to cover the Waterford Utd V Sporting Fingal game tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Great shots Fergus - love the first and last. The last one asks the question 'so who's gonna get the ball ?'. Interesting displacements on the first. Either the pitch was soaking or it's syntethic grit. The ground couldn't be that dry after the rain and snow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Number one is a cracker Fergie..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

It's now the League of Ireland

Was at St Pat's V Galway United, crap game, dreadful images*

C0813ACB4F2C4ADA94446FD503B8E553-500.jpg

75B56FAF41E84919A129EF88264E934A-500.jpg

*300mm had a little fall and seems to be back focussing and/or leaving images very soft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

First shot is really good Fergus, any damage to the 300mm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

Terryland is a poor place to shoot. Tight on three sides, and then about 5 yards on one side. Lights no better than a First Div ground. At least we won. :D

3334646155_a2e93dfa26.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Pinarello

Went up to Dundalk last night for the Bohs game:

3333122681_481059e6df.jpg

3333614391_76feedfa74.jpg

3334449010_631b011d55.jpg

More on my blog!

Really love the first image.Excellent shots well done...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Great shots Fergus - love the first and last. The last one asks the question 'so who's gonna get the ball ?'. Interesting displacements on the first. Either the pitch was soaking or it's syntethic grit. The ground couldn't be that dry after the rain and snow :D

Its a plastic pitch and there is little pellets on it that get everywhere, and I mean everwhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Excellent shots! They make it look like the LOI is worth watching :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 whoopdefukindo

Nice shots. Any of us could do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Go on then. Show us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Would you GAMB !! Lads like Dodgy and Paul go out to the games, have the skill and the gear to capture these shots. If you think you can do the same - please feel free to post ;)

Sure we can, it's really simple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

troll.jpg

Myself and Paul were in the RSC tonight in a howling gale and monsoon. I bet you couldn't sit through that ;)

kensutz wrote: »
    Myself and Paul were in the RSC tonight in a howling gale and monsoon. I bet you couldn't sit through that ;)

Weather pffftttt.

I had to sit through Pats losing 3-0 at home to Galway last night;)

Hehe. Just hoping it's not as bad tomorrow playing a rugby match.

Had to watch Longford race into an early 3 - 0 lead against Monaghan tonight.

I needn't have worried though - with a team full of Town rejects, they managed to draw 3 - 3. :D

3336785134_3ca92ba94a.jpg

whyulittle wrote: »
    Had to watch Longford race into an early 3 - 0 lead against Monaghan tonight.

Ray

Have a look at the "Licence" photo and see if there is something missing!

Yeah I know, I was talking to our Secretary today who was saying we had to hand it straight back. Clowns. :rolleyes:

Match Officials in Terryland were wearing "eircom League" jackets last night too!

• Advertisement

whyulittle wrote: »
    Yeah I know, I was talking to our Secretary today who was saying we had to hand it straight back. Clowns. :rolleyes:

Match Officials in Terryland were wearing "eircom League" jackets last night too!

Same in Richmond, then again this thread is titled eircom League, no wonder they didn;t need to pay for title sponsorship this season:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

soccerc wrote: »
    Same in Richmond, then again this thread is titled eircom League, no wonder they didn;t need to pay for title sponsorship this season:D

Its gonna be hard not to say that tbh, that clown whoopidoo has been banned in AH for posting crap in thread re shooting in the north!

Its gonna be hard not to say that tbh, that clown whoopidoo has been banned in AH for posting crap in thread re shooting in the north!

LOL

I got paid lots of money in 2000 -2002 to use the title sponsor name in every item I output, so yeah, I can see why.

Conversely eircom's internal review accurately predicted it would take 3/4 years for the phrase to die away, thus no title sponsor was willing to thrump up the spondulicks for a league they'd have difficulty getting people to associate with correctly.

Advertisement