Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE Raw live 4th November at the o2

• 07-03-2009 10:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

WWE LIVE AT THE O2 4TH NOV, TICKETS ON SALE THURS 12TH MARCH AT 9AM printButton.png emailButton.png WORLD WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT action comes to Dublin! wwes-150.jpg
    The 02 - Wednesday 4 November 2009 - 19:30
    On-Sale: Thursday 12 March 2009 at 9am
    AIKEN PROMOTIONS
    Presents
    WWE RAW PRESENTS
    SURVIVOR SERIES TOUR
    Featuring WWE RAW Superstars
    Including
    JOHN CENA
    RANDY ORTON
    SHAWN MICHAELS
    REY MYSTERIO
    JBL
    CHRIS JERICHO
    KANE
    CM PUNK
    CRYME TYME
    SANTINO MARELLA
    KOFI KINGSTON
    MELINA
    BETH PHOENIX
    MICKIE JAMES
    KELLY KELLY
    Plus many more!
    Line-Up subject to change
    On-Sale: Thursday 12 March 2009 at 9am
    Ticket Prices €76.25 / €65.70 / €54.80 / €33.60
    Booking Info:
    Charge by phone:
    In Ireland 0818 719 300
    UK 0870 243 4455
    International Bookings +353 1 4-858-010
    Book Online at http://www.ticketmaster.ie/
    (Telephone & Internet Bookings subject to service charge)

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/351/105/

This is stupid.

We won't even know who's in the draft and they're putting on another show even before they have had the first one?

Ah well, at least we can talk about this one!

**big thanks to KNN about hitting me up about this one :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Not really...if you are going to go, you'll go! You are gauranteed that there will be big names regardless of the draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭Kane-N-Nite

http://www.aikenpromotions.com/content/view/351/105/

This is stupid.

We won't even know who's in the draft and they're putting on another show even before they have had the first one?

Ah well, at least we can talk about this one!

Ahem........C-B-G? All kudos go to who?

Can't say im overly interested. If they announced the tickets to go on sale a week or so after the upcoming WWE events, then i'd probably care a little more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

is it an acutal live raw episode, or just a stage show?

MickL wrote: »
    is it an acutal live raw episode, or just a stage show?
    Just a house show. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Same old sh*te on a different stage and a different night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭MickL

Just a house show. :)
    the day was a bit of a clue :D wednesday night raw lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

You really know a show is bad when Cryme Tyme are one of the main attractions.

This show is always a guarantee sell out though so maybe they are a draw :rolleyes:

You know what'd actually be pretty cool?

If they did, instead of a Survivor Series tour, a Royal Rumble Tour. And each card had a Royal Rumble on it.

Fair enough, the winners wouldn't be getting a shot at Mania, but it'd still be pretty cool to see. The rumble could be the second last match on the card, and the winner gets a shot at the heavyweight title. The WWE title match happens after the Rumble.

ie: Jericho wins the rumble, and during his celebration, Orton's theme hits, and orton comes to the ring and the have a quick match (as Jericho would be tired, obviously).

As i say, the winner wouldn't really get anything, but it'd just be great to see a (properly done) Rumble live.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Am I the only thing that thinks 76.25 is a little steep? I would have had the 65.70 tickets as the top tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

You know what'd actually be pretty cool?

If they did, instead of a Survivor Series tour, a Royal Rumble Tour. And each card had a Royal Rumble on it.

Fair enough, the winners wouldn't be getting a shot at Mania, but it'd still be pretty cool to see. The rumble could be the second last match on the card, and the winner gets a shot at the heavyweight title. The WWE title match happens after the Rumble.

ie: Jericho wins the rumble, and during his celebration, Orton's theme hits, and orton comes to the ring and the have a quick match (as Jericho would be tired, obviously).

As i say, the winner wouldn't really get anything, but it'd just be great to see a (properly done) Rumble live.

Not really feasible as you might not even have 30 guys on tour with a brand without putting them in the same match and a long match at that

Am I the only thing that thinks 76.25 is a little steep? I would have had the 65.70 tickets as the top tickets.

Nope, those ticket prices are bloody mad for a WWE house show in that venue for all that you're getting.

I'd like to see him charge $90 for house shows in the US, I know the overheads are clearly higher here but they are still taking the piss

EdK wrote: »
    Not really feasible as you might not even have 30 guys on tour with a brand without putting them in the same match and a long match at that

Good point, but they could do an inter-promotional show, and have it like the Summer Bash kinda thing. Hype it up really big and bring over 40 wrestlers. RAW is the only show that goes live, so they could easily get the rasslers over for the right amount of time, etc. and im sure they'd make more $$ doing a royal rumble tour than they would doing their normal series of house shows in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

EdK wrote: »
    I'd like to see him charge $90 for house shows in the US, I know the overheads are clearly higher here but they are still taking the piss

How much do house shows usually cost in the states?

They only charge that much here because they know they wil get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I definetaly sounds dear since the cheapest ufc seates were only €50...Tbh anywhere in the 02 and you still have a excellent view..Cheapest seats would be well worth it even if as Shawnraven says it is the same ol' shyte

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Normally between $50-60 unless it's a special occasion (MSG house show).

Has anyone been to anything in the 02 yet?

If so, could you post some pictures of the inside?

Good point, but they could do an inter-promotional show, and have it like the Summer Bash kinda thing. Hype it up really big and bring over 40 wrestlers. RAW is the only show that goes live, so they could easily get the rasslers over for the right amount of time, etc. and im sure they'd make more $$ doing a royal rumble tour than they would doing their normal series of house shows in the US.

Bring 40+ wrestlers adds to their costs and they aren't going to go to any effort to do something special/different as they can sell out the likes of the O2 with zero effort

Has anyone been to anything in the 02 yet?

If so, could you post some pictures of the inside?

I have a panoramic shot taken from UFC in January, was taken with the phone so don't expect crystal clearness.
    DSC00092.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 210 ✭✭thecutter

I only paid $60 for top seats at a Smackdown tv taping in Orlando in November, we are getting ripped off over here big time.

Will I still buy tickets in the o2? Sadly yes!

VR, Your seats don't look to be the best (that is, they're pretty far away, considering the O2's size).

Was your view terrible, great, mediocre...? Just looking to get an idea of what it'll be like at WWE, if your seats were a fair bit back. Does it really have a "every seat has a good view" feel to it, or would i be exaggerating saying that?

VR, Your seats don't look to be the best (that is, they're pretty far away, considering the O2's size).

Quit being a dick and referring to me by my old nickname.
    The seats actually weren't that bad, the phone had a zoom out feature to cater for the panoramic view as i wanted to get the view from one side of the venue to the next. We could actually see everything inside the cage from the overhead.
    Was your view terrible, great, mediocre...? Just looking to get an idea of what it'll be like at WWE, if your seats were a fair bit back. Does it really have a "every seat has a good view" feel to it, or would i be exaggerating saying that?

View was fine. I'd gotten front row for UFC 72 in Belfast in 2007 and i spent a lot of my time looking at the screens for different angles at it so i didn't bother with them this time around. But as i'd said, we'd no problems with seeing the action inside the cage from the overhead for the striking and takedowns, we then turned to the screens when the ground game came into play.

I honestly couldn't see it being a problem, but then, i'm not a photo guy for sports type events, i leave that sort of thing to gigs. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Sadly haven't been to the new 02 yet but by the look of the that picture there isn't a bad seat in the place, it looks ideal for wrestling shows or the likes.

Anybody know how many it holds for wrestling shows?

9,369 was the official figure for UFC 93 in January. Not entirely sure if that was a sell out though.

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    9,369 was the official figure for UFC 93 in January. Not entirely sure if that was a sell out though.

thats a big difference to what they said when it was bring built- "cater for 12,000 for sporting events, wrestling, boxing etc"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

there isn't really a bad seat in the house at the O2, i was there for UFC93 and a few gigs since and no matter where you are you get a good view, in truth it is concert venue though, its built in a bowl shape so no matter where on the floor you stand you get a great view of the stage

my seat for ufc was right at the top of the first tier of seats, i suspect the wwe will have a similiar setup with a tier of seats where the stage is located

2dqtswp.jpg

i agree with shawn, the price that wwe charge for houseshows here in ireland is crazy, especially for what you are getting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

thats a big difference to what they said when it was bring built- "cater for 12,000 for sporting events, wrestling, boxing etc"

fully seated it hold approx 9,500-10,000, for concerts they remove one tier of seats and the floor becomes huge catering to about 14-15,000 then

Rossie got it in one though.
    It does cater for 12,000 however you must take into consideration that amount of the seated area taken up by the rings, entrance ways, production crews etc.

It was the same with the old Point, that had a capacity of about 8,000 with the standing area full, however only about 6.000 for WWE events because of the ring and entrance ways.

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Rossie got it in one though.
    It does cater for 12,000 however you must take into consideration that amount of the seated area taken up by the rings, entrance ways, production crews etc.

It was the same with the old Point, that had a capacity of about 8,000 with the standing area full, however only about 6.000 for WWE events because of the ring and entrance ways.

I guess theres still a fair few differences between 6,000 and 10,000 :o

I guess theres still a fair few differences between 6,000 and 10,000 :o

4000 at 77 bucks a ticket = €308,000!
    Damn straight!

Heard it costs about 200,000 to rent out the o2 for an event.
    Less catering, security, staff etc etc etc.

So that 300,000 would cover all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

pingu_girl wrote: »
    Sadly haven't been to the new 02 yet but by the look of the that picture there isn't a bad seat in the place, it looks ideal for wrestling shows or the likes.

You need to take a look at the ticketmaster website Pingu Girl. ;);););)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Read the charter, the mcd sticky, and the warning announcement at the top of the forum regarding mcd events folks. How much more can we do to point this out to you?

What part of "do not discuss" is difficult for some people to understand?

I've edited the offending posts this time with no further action, but in future bans will be handed out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

I was on about that AWR crowd.... I dunno what you thought I was referring too lad, :pac:

• Advertisement

pingu_girl wrote: »
    I was on about that AWR crowd.... I dunno what you thought I was referring too lad, :pac:

Don't push your luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 paddy_5000

orestes wrote: »
    Don't push your luck.

Whats with the power trip? you must have TNA onthe brain boy, I pitty your social life...

paddy_5000 wrote: »
    Whats with the power trip? you must have TNA onthe brain boy, I pitty your social life...

Banned for a week.

Not for the personal insult or the arguing with a mod warning in thread or anything, just because I find your inability to use punctuation and to spell correctly distasteful. Then again, I am on a power trip. :)

orestes wrote: »
    Banned for a week.

Not for the personal insult or the arguing with a mod warning in thread or anything, just because I find your inability to use punctuation and to spell correctly distasteful. Then again, I am on a power trip. :)

Ha ha, legend.

Out of interest are you HHH or Austin?

On topic:
    Is anyone actually gonna go?

I would have said "Cool, WWE Dublin shows are always good and i dont mind trying to spend about 65 ish quid because its a while away."
    But seeing as they have put these tickets out now months before an upcoming show annoys me.

It píssed me off when coldplay did it. They had a show in pheonix park (i think) and then about 3 months before it they announced a show for another like 6 months after that?

Of course, I'm gonna go go. Can't miss number 30!
    Is there gonna be a priority tickets sale?

EDIT: It seems there is indeed a presale
    O2 Priority Presale
    Start: Tue 10/03/09, 09:00
    End: Thu 12/03/09, 08:00

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004269B92140EB?artistid=807358&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=27

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

>_< Anyone know how one avails of the presale? Like, where do we get the code?

Also, lol, hey everyone. Back again ;;>_>
    I'm a mixture of laughing and angry here. I wouldn't have known this was even taking place if not for the fact my mom was looking for tickets to Neil Delamare. I'm hoping the rest of the general public won't have realised either and that better seats might be available :p

>_< Anyone know how one avails of the presale? Like, where do we get the code?

Are you on O2?

Yeap. But searching their site where they put the stuff last time, I can't find a link or any information for the SvS tour ;_;

By texting the word WWE to 51020 if you are an O2 customer

Hehe, thanks.

Hopefully there won't be a mess up on their site this time. And knowing my luck, I'll go and be offered great tickets, only for my credit card not to take it ;_;

EDIT: Problem Number 2. The O2Blueroom site isnt accepting my vaild phone number to login; is there a special way you're meant to put it in <_<

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

The presale tickets are usually ok, its worth getting an o2 sim just for tickets as theres plenty of things I wouldnt have even known about as I dont use ticketmaster that often

Hehe, thanks.

Hopefully there won't be a mess up on their site this time. And knowing my luck, I'll go and be offered great tickets, only for my credit card not to take it ;_;

EDIT: Problem Number 2. The O2Blueroom site isnt accepting my vaild phone number to login; is there a special way you're meant to put it in <_<

Wouldnt take my brothers either luckily you dont need to log in to use your code click the just looking part

Hehe, turns out the number is for O2Blueroom.com, not O2Blueroom.ie

Can you do it by just going on the Ticketmaster page and continually reloading it till 9? Or do you have to go through Bluerroom. And can anyone see a link on the Blueroom site?

Sorry for all the questions. Last time I did this preorder stuff, there was a mess up and I ended up being pushed back a few rows because of it.

Anyone else on for the tickets? <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

yea but dont see a link for it on the o2 website yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement