Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emigrating to Canada, advice please??

Options
  • 07-03-2009 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hey all,

Hope you can help! My partner and I are thinking of going to Canada for a couple of years to work.

In this current climate my BF has no work left and we can live on my wages alone.

He is a very talented steel erector and sheeting contractor and he is also a licenced haulier. So being self employed he cannot claim the dole, nor does he want to.

I am a business account manager in a leading telecoms company, but I have worked in various positions i.e bar work, selling musical instruments, porter in a nursing home, waitress, telesales..... I would do absolutley anything, I would prefere practical or physical work though.

I was just wondering if anyone has been to Canada recently and if they know if there are any construction jobs out there anf if so where abouts??

I know we will have to get work permits and any advice you had on obtaining 2 of these would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and I hope you can help! We have to get the ball rolling before we totally run out of money and can't go anywhere!!

Kind Regards,

05D:confused:

Comments

Advertisement