Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you think of girls who work on Auto Shows?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,242 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

What does it say about many of the buyers in auto shows? It must work to increase sales or they would dump the birds and spend money on some other form of advertising?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

But car shows are tacky...

hey my bros had jordan and jackie deg booth former page 3 models On the bonnets of a few car's and these aint opel; corsa with 20 inch wheels and more bits of plastic and shoping trolly style spoiler's eather .... but thats the fun of it cheasey can be fun some time's better then striaght laced..
    Piste wrote: »
    Something I've noticed in this thread is loads of women saying "ew they're nasty no guy will want them they're all whores" and being thanked by other women, yet the guys are either saying "yeah they're hot" or else they don't care at all.

So girls, stop speaking for the guys, you're getting it all wrong :)

in the words of Super Tramp

Your bloody well right ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

hey my bros had jordan and jackie deg booth former page 3 models On the bonnets of a few car's and these aint opel; corsa with 20 inch wheels and more bits of plastic and shoping trolly style spoiler's eather .... but thats the fun of it cheasey can be fun some time's better then striaght laced..

In English please?

In English please?

Oh sorry none car head's, the car was not some 1000 euro corsa with 10.000 euros thrown at it for body kits stupidly big wheels, and big spoiler's.....:)

is that ok

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭livvy

These women, i assume:
    1. are fortunate to be good -looking
    2. do nothing more than stand and smile
    3. get fairly good dosh for this job

I say fair play to you - you deserve good money for having the cop on to earn it that easy ..... if i was male I would be more upset at the fact that the sellers think i'm that stupid to let a good looking girl influence my decision.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Aren't you an administrator?

Hardly a lot of talent needed for that job, is there? Were you given intense examinations on the alphabet to get that job?

Infracted.

Oh sorry none car head's, the car was not some 1000 euro corsa with 10.000 euros thrown at it for body kits stupidly big wheels, and big spoiler's.....:)

is that ok

Not really but it's a step in the right direction.

P.S. I am a 'car head'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I'm definitely in the "they're wannabe models attempting to get some exposure. Fair play to them" camp.

I find the "they're all dirtbirds/sluts" comments to be hilarious. Just because you know a few people who do it and you deem them to be "sluts" doesn't mean every single person who does it is the same.

• Typical shoite... if a women drunkenly bangs a stranger in the toilet of a bar, she's sexually adventurous, if she decides to wear hot clothes and stand next to a car for money she's a ''dirt bird'' or just ''a bit sad''.

I agree with this. What's so awful about a girl wearing hot pants and a tight top standing next to a car? She's not shagging around, spreading STDs, not hurting anyone, what's the problem? Why do so many people have such a problem with girls getting paid for their looks/body? It doesn't mean they're thick or can't do anything else. I know a good few people with degrees who do this type of modelling and other people who do it to fund college. It's just a job.

Not really but it's a step in the right direction.

P.S. I am a 'car head'.

I'm sorry ive forgottin the point i was trying to make....

good for you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Meh, it's a job.

They're not hurting anyone.

I've never seen hunky men used to sell cars to women...has anyone?

cuckoo wrote: »
    Meh, it's a job.

What about Brendan Kennelly?

cuckoo wrote: »
    Meh, it's a job.

Yes.....Female racers get pit hunks to hold their brollies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

[quote=[Deleted User];59333542]I agree with this. What's so awful about a girl wearing hot pants and a tight top standing next to a car? She's not shagging around, spreading STDs, not hurting anyone, what's the problem? Why do so many people have such a problem with girls getting paid for their looks/body?[/QUOTE]

I think it's jealousy. If I could get paid for standing around looking gorgeous then I would.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Xiney wrote:
    I mean, any girl with half a brain will realise that she's been reduced to mere "decoration" rather than being appreciated as a person with her own mind and abilities. Of course there are probably girls who love the attention and think they're great because they're getting paid for being "hot".

With these kind of jobs, I'm reminded of a quote:

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons.

Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

Just like celebrities who make money from doing nothing, they are actually smarter than the rest of us. The success we endevour for - but never reach - is being attained by people we percieve as stupid, braindead etc. But who are obviously onto something!

These girls are working a fairly simple job, and getting paid quite a bit for it. Fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I know about 5 people who do it. One i went to school with, one i worked with and 3 others i just know. There all sluts. I wouldnt really be jealous of females who wear next to nothing and bend over cars
    How are they sluts?

I know about 5 people who do it. One i went to school with, one i worked with and 3 others i just know. There all sluts. I wouldnt really be jealous of females who wear next to nothing and bend over cars, Answer your question?

If your going to make such a genraliseation, I would really love to see your, proof because, but from what you just said.... It make's you look 6 times a worse then a chick in a low cut bra you make your self sound ridiculasly bitter...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Dudess wrote: »
    How are they sluts?

Why, because lot's of fella's fancy them of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭miss.lost

Ok so would your daughter/sister/wife do it?

miss.lost wrote: »

If they chose to, yes. No problem.
    A) It's a Job.
    B) Alot of these women get to travel with this job.
    C) Those cars are class

• Advertisement

miss.lost wrote: »

if i had a daughter and she was 18 then no probs...
    Sister again wouldnt really mind.
    if i had a wife HELL yeah watch every guy in the place druel then casually walk over and give her a nice kiss and enjoy the fact my wife is truly stuning... :cool:

if i had a daughter and she was 18 then no probs...
    Sister again wouldnt really mind.
    if i had a wife HELL yeah watch every guy in the place druel then casually walk over and give her a nice kiss and enjoy the fact my wife is truly stuning... :cool:

BF's and Husband's are not allowed to do that at these show's. For Obvious reason's, It kills the fantasy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

ive taken photos at one or two of those shows before and to be honest, the majority (im trying not to generalise) are the types of girls with curves and are willin to strip, flirt with lads etc .. not exactly pretty and will not get proper modelling jobs.

ive seen other girls that are hired for actual photoshoots for magazines with cars and they seem more savy and pretty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

The question should be asked WHY is it necessary (in this day and age especially).

Are the majority of men buying these cars so brain dead that they think she's part of the package or that you will IN FACT get women like this that you can use as arm candy or your own real life blow up doll if you buy this product? Zomg!

It's the same with Irish "models" Sarah Morrissey, Rosanna Davison etc. They just stand beside a product/event (usually in a bikini) and get a quick, horribly embarrassing pointless picture taken that appears in the Metro. I find it all quite sad. The same goes for promo girls in hot pants and bikini tops.

At Toys for Big Boys there were literally girls that looked like clones at practically every stand. At Ultimate Girls Day out there were stalls with shoes or whatever that just spoke for them selves.

Why do half naked, "attractive" (read fake tanned, fake eye lashes, skinny, probably fake titted, fake blonde playboy playmate wannabes) need to be present to advertise? Why would anyone choose to do this? Who will take you seriously? I guess it exists because the market is there. I don't think that industry should exist at all. I also feel it is an issue that women will probably always be divided on.

Also, for men to use "You're just jealous" as their only argument to women that have any issue with another female, you haven't really a leg to stand on. It's highly insulting to me anyways, I don't know how other girls feel, to be valued as be "roideable" or not.

Maybe women can be merited on valuable reasons; principles, wit, brains, accomplishments, personality etc. I think the whole thing is degrading and no woman should allow themselves be stripped down to being nothing more than tits and ass. Makes my blood boil. :mad: There are definitely more dignified ways to make a living, even if these girls are as one poster stated, paying their way through college. If they are relying on a hot body as their one asset then what happens when the looks fade?

And before the table is turned I feel the exact same way about the SATC hunk being used in an Aero ad.

Also, I'm not jealous, (I will no doubt be accused). I'm a fairly pretty girl with 34 E boobs and again no, I have never thought about using them to sell drinks or cars. There's a picture of me in Know your Loungers poking fun at the whole Hooters bar thing. That place is a whole other story too... :rolleyes:

*Deep breath and relax*

Lil Kitten wrote: »
    The question should be asked WHY is it necessary (in this day and age especially).

Are the majority of men buying these cars so brain dead that they think she's part of the package or that you will IN FACT get women like this that you can use as arm candy or your own real life blow up doll if you buy this product? Zomg!

It's the same with Irish "models" Sarah Morrissey, Rosanna Davison etc. They just stand beside a product/event (usually in a bikini) and get a quick, horribly embarrassing pointless picture taken that appears in the Metro. I find it all quite sad. The same goes for promo girls in hot pants and bikini tops.

At Toys for Big Boys there were literally girls that looked like clones at practically every stand. At Ultimate Girls Day out there were stalls with shoes or whatever that just spoke for them selves.

Why do half naked, "attractive" (read fake tanned, fake eye lashes, skinny, probably fake titted, fake blonde playboy playmate wannabes) need to be present to advertise? Why would anyone choose to do this? Who will take you seriously? I guess it exists because the market is there. I don't think that industry should exist at all. I also feel it is an issue that women will probably always be divided on.

Also, for men to use "You're just jealous" as their only argument to women that have any issue with another female, you haven't really a leg to stand on. It's highly insulting to me anyways, I don't know how other girls feel, to be valued as be "roideable" or not.

Maybe women can be merited on valuable reasons; principles, wit, brains, accomplishments, personality etc. I think the whole thing is degrading and no woman should allow themselves be stripped down to being nothing more than tits and ass. Makes my blood boil. :mad: There are definitely more dignified ways to make a living, even if these girls are as one poster stated, paying their way through college. If they are relying on a hot body as their one asset then what happens when the looks fade?

And before the table is turned I feel the exact same way about the SATC hunk being used in an Aero ad.

Also, I'm not jealous, of their bodies no. I'm a fairly pretty girl with 34 E boobs and again no, I have never thought about using them to sell drinks or cars. There's a picture of me in Know your Loungers poking fun at the whole Hooters bar thing. That place is a whole other story too... :rolleyes:

*Deep breath and relax*

But how doe's anything they do effect you ?

So let me get this straight your bothered bye how other women make there money? Your bothered that an attractive girl can put her self through collage and make money for her self, in order to better her self in the future Yes beauty can be an assit also a curse... but buy no mean's and no mistake do not underestimate the level of intelgence, because they have no problem with displaying a bit of flesh here and there. She's selling a comoditiy yes beauty fades but reap the benfits if you can make the money no harm in it.

Its not degreading to them, its degreading to the women who cant except that this is away of life you can go burn your bra inf front of the dail if you feel the need to really push the issue, but to be honest it makes no sence to me...

Yes i understand that the hole she's well rideoble etc would piss any girl of and in every right there being a looked at nothing more then a peace of meet, personally speaking im not really bothered buy it all, yes they are beutifull but im a quiet person in person i say very little, while i watch my mates druel like dogs, I get board to be honest.... I mean yeah its eye candy but i can open a nuts mag and see the exact same there.

I serously dont get why your so worried about what these girls
    it doesnt mean they have no respect for them selves etc...

if anything shows they got confidance regarless iof the fake bake eye lash and boobie's....

theres jobs for them and if there happy leave them be dont critisie some one for earning a living....

thats just typicaly irish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I blame Bob Barker and the Price is Right. Cnut. :D

holly0039.jpg
    Holly Hallstrom one of "Barker's Beauties" in the 70s. I guess it was different then , as most women could hope for was that or housewife.

Here we are in 2008. Just as ridiculous and degrading. Worse, now that they're supposed to be school girls. :rolleyes:

gsm_tpir015.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

I don't think anyone believes it to be necessary. If you go about only doing things which are necessary, you're going to have a pretty boring life. At this point, it's as much because it's traditional, it adds a bit of eye candy, and it does no harm at all, other than occasionally get in the way of photographs of the car. Given the costs of attending these large shows, hiring a couple of lasses to stand around and look pretty isn't really going to break Honda's budget.
    Yes.....Female racers get pit hunks to hold their brollies.

Rumours of Danica Patrick's interest in Formula One sparked quite a bit of discussion on that matter. The general conclusion was that she would retain a grid girl, apparently as she does now in NASCAR. (Albeit she's good-looking enough to not need a grid girl)

Of course, not all female racers are Danica Patrick.
    lolly%20boy.jpg

They did try grid guys instead of grid girls at one or two of the F1 races last year (Australia?) but it seems to have rather fallen flat.

Oh, found the video of the interviews with the SHOT show booth babes, by Field & Stream's editor. Questions vary from "What animal would you like to be" through "what would you use to hunt a white-tailed deer?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9vZyf9gmWk

(Warning, cringeworthy (Especially if you know about rifles), but a good laugh)

NTM (Interloper)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

they all seem to have at least one inch of makeup, then at close inspection you can see why. Alot of them seem to have mad spots. I wouldnt go near any of them anyways. All orange and fairly bad looking in my opinion. They wont get out of the way of the cars either. If i go to a car show i wanna see cars not some numpty in a bikini and them big bear like leg warmer things. Grr

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

No, they're not that braindead. They don't *need* it. Are you saying that a man who likes to look at pretty girls is incapable of rational thought, or seeing that it's just a gimmick? That's pretty offensive to men.

Why would anyone choose to do this? Who will take you seriously? I guess it exists because the market is there. I don't think that industry should exist at all. I also feel it is an issue that women will probably always be divided on.

People choose to do it because it's an easy way to make money. And who cares whether you're being taken seriously or not? You're being PAID MONEY to STAND BESIDE A CAR. I think the joke is on the marketing people paying for it. If someone would pay me money to stand beside a car and bat my eyelids, I'd be taking it. Better than working for a living - and I don't need others to "take me seriously". I can validate my own seriousness.

It's nice to be 'roideable'. It doesn't devalue me as a human being or a woman, or an intelligent woman. I'm secure in myself, my job, my capabilities - someone appreciating how I look is a bonus.
    Maybe women can be merited on valuable reasons; principles, wit, brains, accomplishments, personality etc.

But not on looks? Why can't women be merited on looks AS WELL as all those things? Personality is just as innate as looks - you can't change it, you're born with it. So why is it ok to merit a woman for having a good personality and to to merit her on her looks?
    I think the whole thing is degrading and no woman should allow themselves be stripped down to being nothing more than tits and ass.

No, YOU'RE stripping them down to more than tits and ass by presuming that's all they are. Some of the most intelligent girls I went to college with are part-time models. They're all doing Masters at the moment and are still modelling on the side for a bit of cash. They know better than to feel 'degraded' just because some people are too stupid to realise that just because you're hot doesn't mean you don't also have a brain.

There are definitely more dignified ways to make a living, even if these girls are as one poster stated, paying their way through college. If they are relying on a hot body as their one asset then what happens when the looks fade?

They'll use their intelligence instead? Who's to say they don't have both? Do you think these girls are stupid, thinking they can be a car model forever? Give me a break. Of course they know better.

And yes, there are loads more dignified ways of making a living... but of course, there are less dignififed ways too. And who cares whether it's dignified or not? It's easy money. Like I say, if it was offered, I wouldn't be turning it down.

Basically - chill. There's nothing wrong with a woman capitalising on her appearance while she has it. Smart move, I say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭*Dallas

"Some of the most intelligent girls I went to college with are part-time models. They're all doing Masters at the moment and are still modelling on the side for a bit of cash. They know better than to feel 'degraded' just because some people are too stupid to realise that just because you're hot doesn't mean you don't also have a brain."

i dont think the discussion is about girls that get genuine modelling jobs, have ambition and are good looking. i say fair play to these girls!

i used to regularly attend car shows and read modified car mags... the things some of these girls do at car shows is not modelling.. they are making real wetdreams for men- because girls who look like 'giv it to me big boy' will pull in vast amounts of horny men. you can't deny this!

they dont stand beside the car, gracefully running their hands over it, they basically hump the hood, or bend suggesstively over it.. ive also seen pics of some of the UK car shows where they have wet tshirt competitions ... errr thats not modelling!!

these girls are after pure attention and are more likely to spend their paypacket on getting wasted, buying trashy clothes and more awful orange makeup

Advertisement