Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting WM6 to Eircom wifi hotspots

• 07-03-2009 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Hi, hope someone can help me, I am having trouble logging on to Eircom hotspots with a HTC P3600. The IE browser will not load the splash page so that I can enter the log in details. It only displays a white screen.
    Is there any way to pre enter the log in details on the device so that it will automatically connect?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Or any browser that will display the page?

Just bumping this... Has anyone any ideas? Still can't get it to connect to Eircom hotspots. Splash pages are accessible from other private providers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Can you connect to any other WiFi Access Point? (e.g. at home, work, etc.)

Ya, no problem with normal connections, just with Eircom hotspots, it only displays a white page with no data entry boxes to input my Eircom details.

Ya, no problem with normal connections, just with Eircom hotspots, it only displays a white page with no data entry boxes to input my Eircom details.

I wonder is it to do with JavaScript? If the Eircom page uses JavaScript, I believe Pocket IE does not support it.

That could be your problem.

• Advertisement

That sounds like a possibility, is there any other browser that I could try?

That sounds like a possibility, is there any other browser that I could try?

I'm a bit out of the loop with WM, but try Opera mini.

There are probably others out there, too.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'm a bit out of the loop with WM, but try Opera mini.

There are probably others out there, too.

Thanks for the reply, will try that.

Advertisement