Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not alot of suction on Dyson animal

Options
  • 07-03-2009 3:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We have one of these and someone used it to hoover up very small particles - coal dust.

Since then there has not been alot of suction. It's not the cyclone as I have taken that off and put my hand up to the hole that connects to the cyclone. There is not alot of suction \t this hold. Something must have got down that suction hole.

The motor sounds fine though! Any ideas?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

TRy washing the 2 filters and let them dry near a radiator when they get clogged with dust the suction is reduced significantly

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Rochie IRL

TRy washing the 2 filters and let them dry near a radiator when they get clogged with dust the suction is reduced significantly

+1
    This did the job for mine before.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭f1_jb

I didn't find the second filter for a while and had the same problem once it was cleaned it worked like new again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 martblue

If you were sucking up ashes etc, more than likely the hose is clogged up as ash binds together, they are not really designed for this, the filters prob blocked up too..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

There is a filter on the side that is designed to be washed - take the sponge filter out and wash both the sponge and the plastic screen. There is also a filter in an enclosure under the cylinder. This is not washable (or easily accessed) - prise the cover off with a screwdriver - if the suction doesn't improve after washing the filters this filter will probably need replacing. Spares can be ordered from Dyson - use the phone ordering as this filter isn't listed on the website.

• Advertisement
Advertisement