Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sheet music question

Options
  • 07-03-2009 3:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

in a piece in e flat (with the e flat obviously)
    If i have a natural on a the first e in a bar, i know that all other e's in that bar are natural too. What about if i have a natural on a lower e and there is a higher e in the bar ? is that natural as well ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

I didnt think so, and wikipedia seems to think not aswell: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidental_(music)

Seemingly it just applies to the actual E that it refers to, not to different octaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I think it applies to all the Es, and if I'm wrong I'm really surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭samhail

nice :)

anyone still going piano lessons that could ask their teacher :)
    tell them that boards.ie would be very grateful :)

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Jeanious

apologies, just fixed that link to the wikipedia article which says it doesnt apply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 luvablelizzie

Im a piano teacher, it applies to all E's in the bar. And if wikipedia is right then I've been teaching wrong for years and examiners have been examining wrong for as long as I've been teaching and learning..lol

that's a pretty long time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement