Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Staying in cusco, peru for 3 months: Any recommendations

• 07-03-2009 3:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41

I'm doing a year backpacking around the world with 4 friends. To try and keep things cheap we are only doing a few weeks in oz and getting an apartment for 3 months in cusco, peru. Heard great things about the place but does anyone have any recommendations for places to look up or trips to make?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I'm sure with three months you'll discover everything anyway but I might as well mention a few things.
    The horse riding is amazing, and that's coming from someone who dislikes horses! It's just the fact that you're out in the middle of nowhere, you can see for miles over the mountains and there seems to be no one but yourselves, then you happen across some tiny village, it's pretty cool.

What months you going in? I went water rafting in the dry season (our summer) and it was terrible, lovely boat ride along the river but not white watery at all!

Can't think of anything else, hmm....get the tourist pass to see the sights, buy a funky hat, get great food and Coca tea in the Irish pub (the one that's up a stairs, the other one with the fire is not so cool).

Are you by any chance part of the 5 guys travelling the world of the 'Great Friday' fame??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41 keeffe2001

thanks dory for that, I think we're going to avoid the white water rafting.

'Great Friday' it is!!! will you be attending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Paddy O Flahertys is the Irish pub with the stairs. Nice little place! There's a place around the corner from in called Jacks, with the same owners, and it does the most amazing food. There's always a queue but it's worth it, the breakfasts in there are to die for, my friends and I still pine for the food and juice drinks there :(

Can't recommend much else unfortunately, wasn't there for too long :) Make sure you suss out the horse riding places carefully if you do decide to go, get recommendations if possible- some of them are dodgy and the horses are miserable, but there's loads of them so you'll be able to find a decent one no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭tuff1

jaysus 3 months is a while to stay in cusco imo. theres a bunch of inca stuff to see around the city, and as previous posters have said rafting and horse riding. if ur into the whole partying thing you cud work in a bar in a hostel(loki or the point) and ull save on room and food costs. other than that tbh i cant see how ur going to make up 3 months. :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

keeffe2001 wrote: »
    thanks dory for that, I think we're going to avoid the white water rafting.

'Great Friday' it is!!! will you be attending?

I hope to make it, yea.

And to those who are saying it's a long time; they have a plan. Volunteering from what I've heard on the travelling grapevine. Don't think anyone would plan to just hang around Cuzco for three months, lovely and all as it is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement