Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non- Nationals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,205 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

veronica wrote: »
    Why should Non Nationals be entitlied to any benefits after two years here can they not get it at home and when they return apply for a rebate of their PRSI. We gave them a job with a wage is this not enough and rent allowances, child benefit, free hospital cover if they needed it for them and their families.

In which case, why should anybody be entitled to benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

actually a lot of Poles are already leaving to go back home. may be the OP should find another nationality to attack now?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

DenMan wrote: »
    Don't be so harsh on the OP guys. They are some valid and realistic points she is making.
    She hasn't made a single point, just sweeping innacurate generalisations.
    Ireland needs to look at and adress it's immigration status.
    We already have.

Romania and Bulgaria are not entitled to work permits unless requested by an employer.

Any of the other 25 member states from 27 are allowed to come and work here.

What is much more frustrating for me is that in one of my old companies, we sent home a bloody nice Canadian girl who had a job, spoke 3 languages and loved Ireland.
    Sent her home because her visa expired.

And outside on the street, were a load of fcuking homegrown pikeys pissing on the bosses car.
    I sh*t you not.

For me personally I lived and worked in Malta up until a few years ago. There is no such thing as benefits for European member's who wish to live there. In fact you have to be a resident of the state for three years in order to be entitled to 50 euro a week there (European members only).

Do you have any clue what the requirements are for non-national workers here?
    At least 19months taxed work out of 36 months

You can't even get an Irish passport unless you've lived here for about 7 years
    Malta has huge problems with Libyan nationals who are living there in great numbers (due to the close contact both nations have enjoyed since Gaddafi's deal in the 80's).
    Libya and Malta are a totally different story.
    Libya is run by a dictator, and they have the 5th largest oil reserves in the world.
    The way the economy is going here right now a lot of people will be complaining about the foreign nationals in this country. Having been one myself and worked from the ground up I can see how some people would react that way. I am not like that myself and have just returned to full time education last Sept. Right now it is the best place to be.

People like the OP will be complaining about you too bro.

"Denman is a leech, hes living off our tax money and going to college, fcuking sponge"
    Anybody with half an iota of how the world works obviously would understand the reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

Clearly a troll, ignore her.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MySelf56

Regarding the Irish abroad. irish people always spent money in the coutry they live in...the local pub, supermarket etc., they contribute to the economy but lets take the Polish they spend nothing here they even have their own supermarkets wire money home and benefits. They bring in dangerous cars onto our roads no NCT, No Tax, No repairs, taken money out of this state and into their own they don't care about us they only care about themselves. Now I am not saying all Non-Nationals are the same the French, German, are not spongers when work runs out they do return home.

Hmm some how according OP, non-nationals living on air. ONLY buying stuff from Polish shops or ethnic shops. So be it, isn't that contribution. By setuping shop they are paying RENT and VAT. Tell me they dont have to pay rent and VAT. I dont where do you shop when ever i went any supermarket i have always see lovley EE wommen every where, thats always my best point of shopping. You must be shopping the most crappiest super market otherwise.

Now onto cars, you really have very shallow mind or your IQ is less then your shoe size, now jumping now onto cars with out responding other poster questions. Jumped on Asylum bashing again without answering other poster question.

Now some how they non-nationals are spongers except germans and french.

I would recommend
    Why dont you stop using your chinese/indian/pizza's take away?
    Why dont you stop going to local if the lovely bar maid is a non-national?
    Why dont you stop using health service probably you will diffently encounter nurse from Philpines or Indian?
    Why dont you stop using mechanic who have some non national working as mechanic?
    Why dont you stop using buying a house probably the developer used non national as labour for penauts?
    Why dont you stop using ESB for moneypoint they have used non national to build some of the plant?

show me which part of our life dont have immigrant working??

more over large propertion Irish GDP is contributed by the Microsoft/Intel and other Multinational companies they are also non-national so you shouldnt be using them?

May be you never heard "Mr. Sean Fitzpatrick" does that name sound like non national to you??

• Advertisement

Why should Non Nationals be entitlied to any benefits after two years here can they not get it at home and when they return apply for a rebate of their PRSI. We gave them a job with a wage is this not enough and rent allowances, child benefit, free hospital cover if they needed it for them and their families. Come on now especially Poles it's time u moved on have a bit of dignity and stop bleeding oue system!

How do you propose to pay the rebate?
    How about the tax they've paid for a cup of coffee or on rent, or on purchases?
    How about their VAT?
    How about their motor tax, their insurance?

Do you have any clue?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭DenMan

Mena wrote: »
    Point them out. Is it perhaps all the free cars and mobiles the asylum seekers get, as she claims? Or perhaps the "fact" that all the Irish are losing their jobs to foreign nationals?

I'm all for debate, and immigration should be discussed, but you cannot debate when the opposing side uses sweeping generalisations, mistruth, rumour and lies and won't budge from the untenable position.

You are very correct Mena. Unfortunately some people have to use sweeping generalisations and look towards rumours and speculation rather than fact and truth. I don't know about free cars and mobile phones for non nationals as I am not long back to Ireland after 8 years away. Ireland is just one country that has been affected by a serious world collapse. The economy here had a fantastic cycle and now like all forward moving economies there is always the enevitable reverse cycle. It is a global problem and Ireland has been hit very badly because the success that was previously there has been reversed. I feel very sad about what has been happening to the Latvian economy right now and it makes our problems here pale in comparison.

Thanks for the info Danny. Some nice points there mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Why should Non Nationals be entitlied to any benefits after two years here can they not get it at home and when they return apply for a rebate of their PRSI. We gave them a job with a wage is this not enough and rent allowances, child benefit, free hospital cover if they needed it for them and their families. Come on now especially Poles it's time u moved on have a bit of dignity and stop bleeding oue system!

They have not been paying tax in their own country!!! They have been paying tax here... These are the people who took jobs where Irish people wouldn't and worked bloody hard for it. They build up entitlements in th same way as the Irish do through prsi contributions.. You know someone can't just move here and claim the dole!!

What if they don't want to go home? What if they have Irish wives, Irish children? Deport them? What about free movement of people in the EU? Freedom to work and travel. Just as they are welcome to come here, you are welcome to move somewhere in EU. You can get a job. If you lost your job a few years later would you just leave and not claim your entitlement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭veronica

Yes that's it put your heads under a rock ignore me, ignore whats going on around u and let others pull the rug from under your feet. 10,000 people marched in Cork recently for a load of Diva's the GAA Hurling team and yet our jobs are being taken Irish on the dole and we crawl under a rock and in your fantasy world everything is ok.LALALALALA

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Stupidity and shortsightedness knows no bounds. That's all I can say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

Yes that's it put your heads under a rock ignore me, ignore whats going on around u and let others pull the rug from under your feet. 10,000 people marched in Cork recently for a load of Diva's the GAA Hurling team and yet our jobs are being taken Irish on the dole and we crawl under a rock and in your fantasy world everything is ok.LALALALALA

You're being ignored because you're unable to put together a cogent argument or respond to any points raised by other posters in this thread. Why don't you just create a blog if you don't want a debate?

I fear it is you that is living in a fantasy world. Very much so. You have no clear grasp of EU or Irish Law. Hell I'm a non-national and I appear to know more than you do.

Go do some research then come back to us with facts. Maybe then we can have a productive discussion.

yet our jobs are being taken Irish on the dole and we crawl under a rock and in your fantasy world everything is ok.LALALALALA

Sure the polish are losing their jobs too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

mike65 wrote: »
    veronica what is a non national? We all come from somewhere.

Its a common term used in Ireland to describe somebody who is not of Irish nationality. I'm surprised you haven't come across it before.

Yes that's it put your heads under a rock ignore me, ignore whats going on around u and let others pull the rug from under your feet.
    The only person with their head under a rock is yourself.
    I asked you to outline the benfits, care to give it a try?
    10,000 people marched in Cork recently for a load of Diva's the GAA

What exactly does that have to do with immigrant workers?
    Or the collapse of our nation?
    yet our jobs are being taken Irish on the dole and we crawl under a rock and in your fantasy world everything is ok.LALALALALA

Our jobs are being taken by whom?

Nobody is taking the jobs - they are evaporating. The nation is paying for living on an overdraft. That has nothing to do with immigrants.

And if a Polish person has a job, they're paying the exact same tax as an Irish person would!?

What drugs are you on?
    Can I have some please?

Last week more then 100000 people are in dublin streets to protest aganist govt. and their failure.
    Honestly what you smoking? Do you actually live here?

As Dunnes stores logo goes the difference is we are Irish we are not a bottomless pitch for other countries to take advantage of.

Could you have a read off of this please?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protectionism

Seriously, please educate yourself.

And I hope your not from Cork because I feel fcuking ashamed if you are to be honest.

Well u all made my day......we were always great for looking after others in this country but again forgot about our own.Rember the Black babies in the 60/70 now driving our taxis

Special needs teachers being cut.
    Our own people losing their Jobs
    Sleeping rough on the steets.
    Carers getting no respite

and yet Nigerians being put up in hotels and NON-NATIONALS WHICH ARE NON IRISH getting Child benefit/special teachers.

We need the BNP to come over here and sort out this mess. have to go now kettle is boiling just like u.

Well u all made my day......we were always great for looking after others in this country but again forgot about our own.Rember the Black babies in the 60/70 now driving our taxis

and yet Nigerians being put up in hotels and NON-NATIONALS WHICH ARE NON IRISH getting Child benefit/special teachers.

We need the BNP to come over here and sort out this mess. have to go now kettle is boiling just like u.

HAHAHA.

If the BNP came over here, you'd be the first on the chopping block my dear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

MySelf56

10,000 people did march in Cork (they were annoyed at the GAA related shennanigans). Quite what that has to do with anything else is another matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

So now we are back to non-Irish people driving taxis again? Black babies driving taxis? So your xenophobic now aswell as racist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

yes just go to any refugee centre and u will see them come out after their three free square meals a day and get into 99-2004 cars and just look at the Nigerians driving our taxis 2008/ 2009 cars and in this country for between 4-5 years. How could they get a bank loan? Enough is Enough Irish people for irish Jobs.

May all your sons or daughters-in-law and their children be Khans, Faisals, Horowitz, Olongos, Singhs and Smith-Smythe-Smiths.

It seems the only way you'll learn anything is by being flung in at the deep end :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I know I am wasting my time here, as you appear to be incapable of responding to any ones questions, but ah sure, here goes.

Explain this reference to black babies please?

Can you explain what any of this has to do with non-nationals?

Asylum seekers are not permitted to work. Once again, are you suggesting that Ireland pull out of the Geneva convention or simply let these people sleep on the streets until their cases are heard?

This does not surprise me, but I can say it does sicken me. Anyone want to godwin this thread yet?

You have some very well thought out opinions there Veronica.. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Special needs

indeed

LOL, I wouldn't bother reply to be honest, I reckon he/she/it is just trying to get a rise.

Nobody could be that brainless in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

We gave them a job with a wage is this not enough...
    Who's "we"? Does "we" include you? Because I'm curious to know how you were involved in "giving" my wife her job?

I suppose u will be out supporting the Cork diva's tomorrow @ Kennedy Park.
    Get a Life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Uhm...am I the only one that thinks Veronica is a WUM?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Phsyche

I don't think the OP will ever have a decent discussion with you Mena as it seems she doesn't even bother reading the replies to her posts.

She sounds like my mother in law gossiping with the neigbour without having ever read a newspaper in her life.

• Advertisement

Oh my god i am out here, this guy/girl is on some illigal substance. Now some thing else.

Feel free setup your own BNP party as well here after its democratic country.

Polish Spitfire shoots down BNP here is your friends dont have clue what they are talking, Battle of Britain campaign poster, Squardon 303 is actually flown by exile polish pilots. So even these racist scum dont know the cruscial turning of their history.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement