Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam question?

Options
  • 07-03-2009 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭

What's the lowest grade you can get without having to repeat the exam?

I don't really get that whole compensating fail thing.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

You can get a D2 and not repeat an exam.
    Thats the lowest grade.

Anything lower [E, F or NG] mean you will fail and are required to repeat.

The D2 is a compensating fail. Nevermind why its called that, I never took much notice of its wording. As long as its written on your grades instead of a failing grade then all is rosy.

If your QCA is below 2.0 you may have to repeat a module in which you get a D2 or D1. This will enable you to bring it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 rosgirl

As far as I know its called a compensatory fail because if all your grades were d2s you would be under a qca of 2.0 and hence would be failing. Its compensating because although a d2 grade makes your qca lower than 2 other exams in which you do better bring your grade up to over 2 and hence compensate for what should have been a fail.

Advertisement