Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Spurs 3pm PL

• 07-03-2009 4:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

1-0 Mackems, lovely goal from Kieron Richardson :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hmmmm not sure who I want to lose this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

why isn't Assou-Ekotto not in the squad I thought he was playing quite well for Spurs?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Come on the Mackems. Great start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

why isn't Assou-Ekotto not in the squad I thought he was playing quite well for Spurs?

I'm assuming injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

anyone got a stream online?

was watching on iraqgoals, went dead though,

was a great finish by richardson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Come on Sunderland! :pac:

Is Steed Malbranque 'too good' for them?

anyone got a stream online?

was watching on iraqgoals, went dead though,

was a great finish by richardson

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/soul%27s-channel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

cracking goal from Richarson I must say.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Some absolutely stupid fouls being commited. Richardson and Collins were bad enough but Woodgate's was disgraceful. Lost the ball far too easily in the first place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Gomes not playing very well. Should be 2-0.

Great to see Andy Reid having yet another cracking game. As for poor Robbie? The less said the better.

Keane missed another sitter.

What the hell is wrong with him this season.

Keane missed another sitter.

What the hell is wrong with him this season.
    89 minutes of playing shite and he nabs a last minute goal :pac:

Agh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Haha!! Good man Robbie!

Get in!

Sunderland can probably feel hard done by, we looked lost once Redknapp made the tactical changes. Chimbonda had an awful game at LB, never looked comfortable. Keane and Bent were poor up front all day (apart from the goal ;)).

Sunderland did a great job of nullifying Lennon, and closed down Jenas and Modric very well, never left us time on the ball which is what hurt Boro mid-week. Steed, Richardson and especially Reid had great games.

Still, that's one back for their late equaliser at the SOL the lasagnegate season...:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Finished 1-1. Keeps it nice and tight down in the bottom half.

Good for Keane. He's slowly getting his mad skillz back.

He's back at his level its fair to say.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    He's back at his level its fair to say.

If by his level you mean still on the pitch at 89 mins and in the right place to grab a goal and a much-needed point I'm in full agreement with you...;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,103 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He got his goal, but he played really badly again. I'm kinda worried about him from an Ireland pov. Got his 2 goals for Ireland recently as well, but was absolutely woeful in general. For a lot of strikers, once they get the goals thats all that matters, but for keane thats so much less then he Can offer. Id much rather he was getting less goals, but playing ot his potential the rest of the time as a team is gonna score way more if hes doing what he's best at, keeping the game ticking, and bringing others into play. He's done that wonderfully at times this season, which makes it even more apparant and depressing the rest of the time when he's not doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    He got his goal, but he played really badly again. I'm kinda worried about him from an Ireland pov. Got his 2 goals for Ireland recently as well, but was absolutely woeful in general. For a lot of strikers, once they get the goals thats all that matters, but for keane thats so much less then he Can offer. Id much rather he was getting less goals, but playing ot his potential the rest of the time as a team is gonna score way more if hes doing what he's best at, keeping the game ticking, and bringing others into play. He's done that wonderfully at times this season, which makes it even more apparant and depressing the rest of the time when he's not doing it.

i just dont get this...

goals = good.

for example, darren bent is sh1te... but gets 15+ goals every season, cant be all bad.

Keane played a very good game there a couple of nights ago where he was involved in everything, and Lennon got two. Can't remember who it was against, but Keane was excellent as an all round footballer.

He's getting it back slowly, after his confidence and dreams being utterly destroyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

PHB wrote: »
    after his confidence and dreams being utterly destroyed.

Due to the fact that he was unable to perform as was expected of him at a top club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,103 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

ditpoker wrote: »
    i just dont get this...

goals = good.

for example, darren bent is sh1te... but gets 15+ goals every season, cant be all bad.

of course goals are good, but he can offer so much more, which he has only done in flashes this season. I can only hope he regains the ability and consistency he had, for Irelands sake.

As PHB said, a few nights ago he gave everything - thats the type of performance we need to be seeing from him more often, where he gets the goals as well as being involved in lots of the play.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

15pg1e9.jpg

What's that Bent and Keane joke again eh?:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭pipeliner

Mr Alan wrote: »
    Due to the fact that he was unable to perform as was expected of him at a top club.
    I dont get this. If he is a top class player at a so called lesser club, surely he would improve at a so called top club, yet he gets worse. So he returns and gets back to his best after a couple of games. Is this not an issue with the club rather than the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,524 ✭✭✭joe123

Benitez treated him disgustingly. No footballer would be able to perform properly under those circumstances. Anyone who says different is wearing rose-tinted spectacles regarding benitez.

• Advertisement
Advertisement