Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unjust Infraction

Options
  • 07-03-2009 4:19pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭

Basically I've been accused of trolling, libelousness(?) and all sorts for raising an objection to trespassing by hunters on my family's land. The mod even suggested that since its not my land I have to place to comment, despite the fact I've already stated that my father has never ever been asked permission by hunters to criss cross his land. Yet he is basically saying that I wouldn't know? Its actually very hard to articulate it and its seems that he has give me warnings like this because he disagree's with what I'm saying when in my mind I've not said anything out of order.

I don't expect anything to come out of this other than simply raise it to peoples attention since its not fair to accuse ordinary people of trolling or any of the rest of it. I should be able to express my opinion on boards.ie without being tarred with a trolls brush.

Here is the PM:

"Dear Denerick,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: Breach of Forum Charter
    If the land's not yours, your original post and it's subsequent posts are at best ill-advised trolling and at worst are libellous. You have no idea whatsoever as to the agreements between your father and the local hunters, nor about who owns the shooting rights involved (they are not automatically included with the deeds and are often sold to the local gun clubs).

You are free to continue posting in the Shooting forums, but if you go down the bash-hunting-at-random path again, you will be banned for it.

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=59319433
    Quote:
    he doesn't object perse, but has never on any occassion been asked permission = trespassing.
    All the best,
    boards.ie "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Your original post was:
    Our family owns 30 acres and hunters constantly go through our land to kill whatever animals they like to kill, with all their blood hounds and barbarism in tow. Why can you get away with cold murder without asking our permission first?
    Ordinarily, anyone stomping on the charter rule on this so hard would get banned and deleted without questions. The charter rule is:
    This is a hunting forum so if you're anti-hunting, don't post and don't read any posts; you are going to be offended. Any muppetry will result in a temp or perm ban.
    On top of that, your post is specifically stating that hunters are killing indisciminately (which is illegal) and without permission to shoot (also illegal) or to enter (also illegal). And you called them murderers which breaks the 'no personal abuse' rules in the charter.

IRLConor did a lot of work to cut down your post, reasoning that you had a legitimate complaint but had expressed it badly. After all this work, you revealed that the land wasn't yours, it was your fathers. Ergo you didn't have the right to grant or deny permission, he did. No child can testify as to everything their parents have done, so you can't say that he never gave permission unless he's actively fighting this, and you specifically said later on:
    Basically, big country men with guns from a border area kill animals on our land. When I was younger I used to taunt them, call them well... Bad names, my dad used to give out to me for doing it. Its a cultural thing, he didn't mind them doing that
    My elderly father doesn't care now and never has
    he doesn't object perse

In short, your father - who owns the land and probably the hunting rights (though it's possible he doesn't) doesn't mind hunting and has actively chastised you for decrying it in the past. But you posted on here anyway, accusing hunters of shooting without the relevant licences and of armed trespass, so you could have a go at something you have a problem with.

That's trolling, it's breaking the charter rules, and frankly, you should have been banned for it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

I've never seen such a bad faith misrepresentation of someone's position in my life. I'm sick of this, I could correct you but I'm not going to bother, your the kind of person who revels in the bit by bit quoted reponses, refusing to give ground all the way. I'm sorry I brought this up and the subsequent headache which it has entailed. Delete this thread if you like, I want to forget about this and hopefully avoid the most belligerent mod I've every encountered on boards.ie in the future.

Advertisement