Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harolds Cross Gossip

Options
  • 02-03-2009 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭

Hi johnny, there was a lady from there that used to work in the grovener stores, top of the square, i think her name was mularky, is she still alive? it was a long time ago!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Harolds+ wrote: »
    dont depress me. I'm a lottery tourist. I always try to buy my lotto in different towns (€4 quickpick) and I was up in Rathfarnham today with my brother and I asked him could I get the lotto but his kid was moaning about being bored so we went home

not impressed :mad:

I have never heard of any of the shops up here selling winners, i think tesco in nutgrove sold a biggish winner last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭johnny_doyle

alie wrote: »
    Hi johnny, there was a lady from there that used to work in the grovener stores, top of the square, i think her name was mularky, is she still alive? it was a long time ago!:pac:
    not a name I know... I'm struggling to remember the name of the guy who operated the garage next door.... Harmon I think.

yeah thats right, harmons, i think they lived in mount argus, and the cooneys , derek ? , murrays , paddy walshs, cant remember the name of the cake shop, and monicas for the blue rinsers!

yeah thats right, harmons, i think they lived in mount argus, and the cooneys , derek ? , murrays , paddy walshs, cant remember the name of the cake shop, and monicas for the blue rinsers!

Bill Harmon I think it was. He used to do wrestling and may have moved to Australia. Concannons was the cake shop. Gregs the newsagent. Cooneys across the road. The Leinster just around the corner; the name has changed now. Paddy Walsh's cycle shop appeared in the RTE wind up show (Mike Murphy?). Sweeney's down near the Hospice was my uncle's shop.

sweeneys sweet shop , o my god, thats a blast from the past, used to go in after school, i went to st clares, i have a friend who knows you uncle, what a small world, i dont remember gregs, monicas daughter was my friend in high school.Concannons thats it, all the things you forget when you move away.

• Advertisement

Gregs was right by Concannons; I think the shop was actually called The Magnet.

yes, St Clare's would be more or less right by Sweeney's.

Do you remember the gem gem? Know anyone from mt. drummond?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

My great aunt and uncle May & Bill Hennessy used to live on the corner opposite the shrine, my other great aunt Nellie Bolger still lives a couple of doors up from there her hubbie Kevin passed away some years ago. Spent many a visit up there, and Bill always brought us for sweets to a little shop kind of at the back, down an alley. Still have some distant cousins up there, my mum knows them better than I do obviously. Plus another great uncle Gerard Bolger just around the corner up on Sundrive.

Do you remember the gem gem? Know anyone from mt. drummond?:)

What's the gem gem? Not sure I've heard of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 yoji101

Bill Harmon I think it was. He used to do wrestling and may have moved to Australia.

IIRC Bill and his wife both died. I was in his wrestling club for years.

I was in the shop on the brigge last night and walked into a armed robber doing the shop. Pointed the gun at me and told me to stop moving. We just walked out of the shop and the guy cleaned out the till and did a runner. The cops arrived within a few and went after him.
    Do you remember the gem gem? Know anyone from mt. drummond?
    I do indeed. Is now a foreign property shop. I'm from Emmet Street which is just off Mt. D. Ave.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i know a gerry mularky very well. his mum lives in harolds cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i know a gerry mularky very well. his mum lives in harolds cross

gerry and his mum were in the pub i work in in harolds cross on sunday. she is the lady mentioned in the op

yoji101 wrote: »
    IIRC Bill and his wife both died. I was in his wrestling club for years.

I was in the shop on the brigge last night and walked into a armed robber doing the shop. Pointed the gun at me and told me to stop moving. We just walked out of the shop and the guy cleaned out the till and did a runner. The cops arrived within a few and went after him.

I do indeed. Is now a foreign property shop. I'm from Emmet Street which is just off Mt. D. Ave.
    I went to school with a girl who lived in the first cottage. You must know butlers dairy too.

Advertisement