Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail App - Blackberry Pearl

• 07-03-2009 4:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've downloaded the google app for the pearl but it won't connect when I open it. The only way I seem to be able to connect is via Vodafone Live.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Are you saying the app only works with the Vodafone Live APN or that you can only connect via your browser and the Live home page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

no can't get it to work at all. I can connect to Vodafone live but when I exit the internet connection closes and I can't connect using the gmail app

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Why not just go to the BIS and add your gmail to the push function? I have mine working this way as I could not get the APP working

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭dubmick

I have BIS cancelled. Just paying the monthly tariff. Could be the problem. If only I could get Vodafone Live to stay online when I exit the browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭rordeb

I have a free BB storm on vodafone pre pay. Tried everything to get gmail apps working on it via vodafone live but could not get it working. Looking through old threads I found that I needed to change the APN to vodafone. The cost of this is 19c per mb vs vodafone live cost of 99c per day to a max of 50mb.

Not sure how the cost compares on the pay monthly options.

• Advertisement
Advertisement