Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer shops in and around Cork?

Options
  • 07-03-2009 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Apart from PC World in Mahon point and the two places on Oliver Plunkett's street, what is there?

I'm looking to buy a Netbook. Flor Griffin's has some deals on the Aspire One, but not the EEE PC 901 which I'm looking for. The 901 is about €320 in PC world which is still too much according to what some european stores are charging for it(none with intl shipping though).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

i dunno what it is with these place but computer stuff in cork is always a huge rip off. i get most of my stuff from the ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭LiNgWiStIkZ

Towel is right, much wiser getting it online. Cork is a huuuuuuuuuuge rip off when it comes to PC stuff. Saw an x1600 graphics card in Soundstore for €250 a few weeks back!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If the Stores in Europe allow in store Pickup, you could get a Courier Firm to collect and Bring it to you. I know people who have done it, but don't know how they went about it!!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

computer clinic maybe?cant remember the street there on,there near st johns college anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Cork Computer Clinic are also part of the rip off in this city, they are a repair shop so you can't expect them to be competitive.

Afraid that online is the only place you will get decent prices in Cork. Pity but true.

MC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭L.R. Weizel

Is there anywhere in Dublin or Limerick maybe then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

I got a netbook at acerdirect in Huddersfield. They deliver to Ireland. Cheaper than Dabs.ie too.

Advertisement