Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway United vs Celtic Legends match, St Patrick's Day (Half Price!)

• 07-03-2009 5:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Tickets (priced at €20-25 adults and €5-10 concessions for standing and seting respectively... dunno why standing costs more it's way better craic!) are half price until midnight tonight, so that's €10.95 from Zhivago on Shop St as I presume the Terryland T.O is closed and Ticketmaster.ie appears to be sold out of Adult half-price tickets.

Among the confirmed Celtic players are Sutton, Thomo, Boyd, Mjallby, Regi Blinker, Millar, Stubbs and the playboy himself Frankie McAvennie :D

legends_celtic.jpg

See ye there, mon the hoops!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

See ye there, mon the hoops!

Support Celtic when playing against Galway United? So you would rather see a Scottish team beat your local team?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

04KY wrote: »
    Support Celtic when playing against Galway United? So you would rather see a Scottish team beat your local team?
    First off it's a friendly. Second, I couldn't name you a single GUFC "legend" whereas I grew up watching a lot of these Celtic players, they're heroes. Thirdly, I'm not from Galway.

Let's not have this thread become another boring debate about supporting your local team or some genius pointing out Celtic are a Scottish team or any of that bollocks. I'm a genuine Celtic fan, I'll support them regardless of whatever argument you might think you can raise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

dunno why standing costs more it's way better craic!)

:confused: Standing is usually always cheaper. I prefer to stand also.

A bit OT but when Man United legends played Liverpool legends at Terryland last summer I brought my little brother. Get this - the ticket into the legends match at Terryland for a child was more expensive than a child ticket into Old Trafford for Manchester United-vs-Liverpool proper. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

No Hartson or Larsson :eek: Not worth my money when Portumna are going to be All-Ireland champions on the same day.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

No Hartson or Larsson :eek:
    I'd imagine Hartson would have a job fitting onto the pitch.

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    I'd imagine Hartson would have a job fitting onto the pitch.

yeah, he's looking a bit out of shape these days
    >>>> hartson

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

rarnes1 wrote: »
    yeah, he's looking a bit out of shape these days
    >>>> hartson
    I think that was taken at the height of his Queen's Celtic career...

No Hartson or Larsson :eek:
    Larsson is still playing for Helsingborg is he not? This is only retired players.

And Hartson works for Setanta who will be doing TV work over the weekend. But I agree it's a shame they're not playing as I love the pair of em <3

Just got my ticket from Zhivago for €10.35. It's in the Corribside Stand which is seated but I'd imagine I'll have no trouble getting into the standing terrace.

Is Marcus Hedman not playing, DISGRACEFUL :eek:

Is Marcus Hedman not playing, DISGRACEFUL :eek:

Magnus Headman (I presume you mean), is a disgrace.

• Advertisement

This team can't be considered a legends team without Magnus Hedman.

False Advertising

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

GC->Soccer

Advertisement