Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meditation CDs

Options
  • 07-03-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi all, found this article (below) on another website and was just wondering does anybody know where I could get any of these meditation cds that is talked about in the article? Thanks.

Binaural beats meditation

This is the "modern" way to meditate and is the method I personally use regularly. You can purchase this kind of meditation and then play it on your CD or MP3 player. You need to find a place where you won't be disturbed for the length of the track, which is typically 30 to 60 minutes. The track will play a background noise - usually rainfall or music - as well as binaural beats. These beats play two slightly different tones, one into each ear. Your brain then tries to resolve the small difference between the tones and it is this which brings out a meditative state with next to no effort on your part. This kind of meditation is very powerful - don't get taken in by its simplicity!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Hey, I just googled it, came upon this site:

http://www.healingbeats.com/play.html

Seems similar to holosync, which I have heard a lot about, but never tried (due to cost).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Binaural/Monaural beats are fascinating. I remember trying a program called "iDoser" which claimed to simulate the effects of certain drugs, which gave interesting results. I also found this on youtube:

I instantly feel much more relaxed when I start that video.

Advertisement