Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wheres the freedom to speak? this boards thing closes anything slightly controversial

Options
  • 07-03-2009 5:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 39

shame on them! i thought it was a place where u can say what u want!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭cm2000

john west wrote: »
    have a look at other threads before you post and they wont close something if it hasn't been done 10 times in the last week, a get the government out thread isn't exactly a pioneering idea on here. it wasn't the least bit controversial

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

What you've posted are also incoherent ramblings that don't really invite discussion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

This isn't a public good...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Serenity Now!

Read the Terms & Conditions you agree to when you register.
    Either that or try ringing FM104 late at night during their phone-in show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭diverdriver

You quite rightly will earn youself a ban if you keep this up. There are plenty of threads here where you can express your opinions. Suggest you do that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Why did you think that? And why "shame on them"? It's private, not government-backed, so it can actually set its own agenda. And it doesn't close anything "slightly controversial" - it closes stuff that's a lot more than controversial, because it doesn't want to be seen as a platform for, say, racist views.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 john west

wats funny is some guy said 155 palistinians = 1 israeli! and i see he has posted this about 400 times in boards ,ie and aswell as another 10000000 world questions! that he/she posted again and again! and i jsut went to politics section and posted my opinion once or 2wice and i get shut down! that doesnt seem right to me! they are just facts currently happening with our govt thats all!!
    im of no politcal standing i dont hate FF or any other party!
    i just want someone to run our country better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Dannyboy83

If you spend more time reading and less time arguing, you'll see that the guy who closed your topic actually share similar views to you
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055499872

If they don't maintain some order, the place will fall apart.
    Check out 4chan or bodybuidling.com to see what happens on unmoderated forums

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Complaints about moderation go in the Help Desk.

Complaints about me can go in the Help Desk (linked above) for a small number of coherent responses, in Feedback for contributions from anyone passing or by sending me a PM.

Complaints about either of those things don't go in the Politics forum. As mentioned in the Politics charter. I'd suggest the Help Desk.

Starting a new thread for a rant when there are a number of existing threads where that rant could go if it needed to isn't on merely because you want your rant to get top-billing. That's already been explained in your started thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Your thread was not locked because it was controversial because honestly in the present climate it really really isn't.

It was locked because there are multiple threads with similar rants on here already and you should post to one of them and not to a new thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement