Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ready for the season/general chat

• 07-03-2009 6:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Hi fellow campers
    Anyone done a trip yet? Is that a sign of Spring I see out there today i.e. temp above 10 degrees! Thinking of heading over to Hidden Valley soon. Not too far for us and looks like it has good facilities.
    Currently have no 'van but hoping to pick up our 2008 Rimor next weekend:D
    Recession? What recession :rolleyes:
    Seriously though, I think there are some good deals to be had out there, guess people are panicing or dont really need the luxury van parked out the front of the house. Hope this dosent mean less of us on the roads/campsites though.
    Any good events coming up soon that are worth travelling to of a weekend with 2 squealers in tow (age 2 & 5)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Hi Muint, hoping to get to the Glen Of Aherlow this weekend.

Hidden valley is a good site,wee row boat lake and river there.Was there few times last summer,my kids are 2 n 4,they loved the place.Rathdrum as a couple of good bars,one has a great beer garden.Just 10 mins walk up the bank. The maze and farm museum up the road is good to.

Good luck with your new van.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 4wheelin

Hi Muint,

Good luck with your new wheels, health to enjoy ! We are planning to go to the new (well new to us anyhow) Delamont Camping and Caravan club site near Downpatrick Co. Down. Being a car rally fan we hope to get the Van into Bishopscourt Race circuit on Sat 14th, should cost about £10 per vehicle and be a decent days action. Sat night and Sunday we plan checking the area out and exploring the campsite etc.,
    Just wondered if anyone else out there has visited the Delamont site before if not maybe i'll do a review of sorts ! Good to see all the MH's starting to reappear again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

Havent been away since last year. Planning on heading to Clonakilty next month for a few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

muint wrote: »
    Hi fellow campers
    Anyone done a trip yet? Is that a sign of Spring I see out there today i.e. temp above 10 degrees! Thinking of heading over to Hidden Valley soon. Not too far for us and looks like it has good facilities.
    Currently have no 'van but hoping to pick up our 2008 Rimor next weekend:D
    Recession? What recession :rolleyes:
    Seriously though, I think there are some good deals to be had out there, guess people are panicing or dont really need the luxury van parked out the front of the house. Hope this dosent mean less of us on the roads/campsites though.
    Any good events coming up soon that are worth travelling to of a weekend with 2 squealers in tow (age 2 & 5)?

There is a meet on the 3rd of April in Knock Caravan Park,just for the weekend a few of us are going .we are from Co. Wicklow.there is a nice playground for the children.and the park is clean and tidy,it will be nice to put faces to names.
    Bido:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I plan on heading to Lough Key soon, in preparation for a 16 day trip to France end of May :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Hi just back tonight from a trip to Somerset England with a brand new motorhome, ( traded in our old one down there on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

The sterling is certainly good right now! Will you be stung for a lot of duty on your brand new MH or is it used? We got a 08 but it is April 08 so it's just 50 euro vrt. Well I take back my original about Spring being in the air - last night?????? Holy campers - what a storm. 5 yr old up since 6.30am wondering where we would be going in the camper today:eek:
    See there are great bargains on IF for Easter direct sailings to France, something like E340 for 2+2, MH + cabin also. Weather could be an issue there too. I wonder how far south you would have to drive for some rays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 DOGMA

I thought you had to pay vrt on all campers execpt ones over 3,500 kg regardless of age, if not I might make my way up north very soon:D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

Once its over 3 tonnes, the vrt is a really small amount (less than €100)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Richie15

But if it's under 6 months old, you've to pay VAT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭muint

Over 6 months old PLUS minimum mileage - think it's 6 or 7000 km to qualify for the €50 vrt.
    Went to Glendaough today and saw NO campers out and about. Maybe everyone is home preparing for the Easter break:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

hey all,

I use mine all year round for day trips (cycling, surfing etc) but gave the outside a good old spring scrub today and she looks lovely... ahh when the hour goes forward so does the camper....:cool:

Advertisement