Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl lawnmower

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Tbh I think you'd be better off spending an extra €100 euro and get a recognised brand with an aluminium deck. dunno what the hp on the aldi one is but 4hp on the lidl on is a bit low if your lawn is any decent size.

briggs and stratton engines are good but its normally the wheels and deck are responsible for the longevity of a mower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

My dad got one of those Aldi petrol lawnmowers a few years back, maybe 4 or so years back. More or less the same as the mower you linked to. It has been used......and used.......and used again, once a week for the summer/autumn months and sometimes more! Its gotten a hell of a lot of use, never had the blade sharpened (probably could do with being done this spring!) been out in all weather and has never had a problem!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i like the lidl lawnmower and i like the aldi lawnmower
    but which is better?

there's only one way to find out

FIGHT!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 martblue

wouldnt touch them either as posted above engine wont be the problem but deck and other fittings will prob fall apart, I have had a few things from Aldi none lasted, some broke first time out rest after couple of uses..DO yourself a favour and buy one somewhere else!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

not what you're looking at but last year i bought a lidl electric mower absolutely brilliant.done the lawn a treat and even went a bit in the field no bother.there not all bad from the cheaper shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Hmm its hard to know wazzoraybelle from what ive seen it would be a hard job to find a big name mower with aluminum deck for less than 400

Thanks for the advice i cant decide weather to get one or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

4 HP a bit low for a lawn mower??? I don't think so.As with any lawnmower,if you clean off the residue after a cutting, give the underside a lash of wd and keep in a dry place it will last for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭cossworxenergy

defo buy the one wiv da mulcher. nuthin wrong with a briggs and strattan engine . Should be a gud thing. Buy it.!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

I have a 4hp one like the Aldi one with a B&S engine. I've used it an awful lot but it never failed me once in 5 years.
    It's not worth spending a lot of money on a mower unless you've got a very big lawn

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭backboiler

... what about another of Lidl's offering this week.
    http://www.lidl.ie/ie/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20090312.p.FloraBestGardenCultivator

I have to turn a small area (about 30-35 sq. m) of soil that I sieved and sowed grass on last year but it saw a lot of foot traffic in the early days and had pallets of blocks and bricks on it so it's very patchy. Would this yoke be up to the job or is another broken back of "honest" work the best option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭jobrok1

Probably the most important componant on a lawnmower is the engine.
    And Briggs & Stratton engines are supposed to be very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Is this in English?.:confused: You should use a spellchecker.

"defo buy the one wiv da mulcher. nuthin wrong with a briggs and strattan engine . Should be a gud thing. Buy it.!!! "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Briggs and Stratton are the BEST! Them and Honda!
    Also,I was told recently by a mate in the small engine machine/garden equip.trade that the "FLORABEST" chainsaws that Lidl sold previosuly was made by Husquevarna for Lidl under that Florabest brand.

Now, I don't know if its the case with the rest of the florabest gear, but I know the next time they do the petrol chainsaw, I'll be having one as apparently they are a terrific little saw for the money and parts are all standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Thanks for the advice guys decided to do a diy job on the old one so should get another year out of it!

Advertisement