Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sourcing Malt Barley

Options
  • 07-03-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I have recently moved from 'kits' to a partial mash (and will eventually move onto full grain recipies) and was wondering where I could source my own malt barley in Wexford, as I am interested in malting my own grain, to my own specifications. However, I can only find feed barley suppliers in the area.
    Whilst writing I was also told by someone that I should 'skim' the yeast head off my wort in order to avoid the 'yeasty' taste that I used to get with some kit beer. The guy who told me was an old boy who brewed his own years ago. Is this advice still relevant with todays yeasts or do you leave the initial fementation alone and just leave any head behind when you rack the beer off? Any advice greatly received by this novice.

Regards,
    Fuzzy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement