Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Major Computer Crash (Error Code Included)

• 07-03-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Alright yesterday my Acer 3692 refused to turn on, it got past the Window xp scene (the one with the moving blue bars) then reset and started alot of beeping. Knowing that their could be a virus on the computer I restated it in safe mode and tryed to scan it with AVG but about 5 mins into the scan it reset again. Becoming really worried now I tryed to burn important files onto a disc, everthing seemed to be going alright until it reached 100% at which point I got a blue screen of death and the laptop dumped its physical memory:eek:
    giving up I left it until today and tryed one last time to ge the files of the computer, I started it in safe mode connected it to a tower comoputer and copied my files onto the working computer.
    i then reset my laptop and for some reason it loaded ok and gave me a popup
    "Windows have recovered form a serious error
    BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : F7F05B6C BCP2 : 00000005 BCP3 : 00000000
    BCP4 : 806F6976 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1"

Im now tying this on the laptop and it seems ok again:confused:

Any ideas what happened or what the error codes mean???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved From Laptops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

The best thing to do is to contact Microsoft and give them your error code (assuming your copy of Windows is legit). Here's the website: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

Hook up an external drive to the laptop, and use Teracopy to dump all your data. Then you could do any of the following
    • chkdsk
    • hijackthis scan
    • full avg scan
    • full spybot scan
    • uninstall something you installed recently
    • Acer system restore
    Hope that helps

BCP error is caused by a corrupt registry, perhaps CCleaner can do a reg fix, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Sorry, don't think that it's necessarily the registry. BCP just means boot code parameter.

Usually you would check the BCCode against the list
    It doesn't look like one of the kernel/hardware errors,
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa126132.aspx

So could also be a user installed program thats failing that has some low level hook. Does Control Panel\Admin Tools\Event Viewer\ System or Application logs contain more info?

If you want to check with microsoft Paid support for stop errors, you're meant to follow the process listed below...
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=129845&sd=RMVP

Cheaper might be to attach the minidump (from Windows\Minidump) here and someone might take a look for the associated problem file using windbg.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Mick_Grif

Ok seems as if my laptops acting very stange now if I leave the mouse idle for say 5mins and then try moving it again the computer will reset:confused:

I am leaving it into get repaired on Monday but in the meantime how do you go about acer recovery (sorry if its a stupid question never had this problem before)

• Advertisement
Advertisement