Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heading over on WHV now.

Options
  • 07-03-2009 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

My GF and I are thinking of heading over to Aus in May on a WHV (no guarantees we will get it). Been living in Holland for the past year but my GF works as a IT systems tester but she was only on a 1 yr contract which is now up.

So instead of heading back to NI, we're thinking we might as well go to Australia as we've always wanted to live there for a while and it looks like a reasonable choice seeing as the economy is no worse there than at home. We know a few Aussies and ex-pats in Sydney and we have a bit of money to tide us over for a few months while we look for work. My GF would try to get something in IT (an industry that frequently deals in temporary contracts). I have 3 years experience in finance but realise that I may well have to take bar work (if I can even get that).

Does this sound like a reasonable proposition given the current climate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Have you read any of the other threads on this forum regarding work, and the lack thereof if you're on a WHV?

I'm locking this, because the answers you want are either already on this forum, or will be forthcoming if you contribute to one of the threads, sticky and otherwise, that are already on this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement