Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any bands playing for St Patrick's?

Options
  • 07-03-2009 7:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

(Maybe we should just have a sticky for Galway St Patrick's events?)

What's the story with music on the 17th? I'd expect sessions in Taaffes, Tig Coili, The Crane and quite a few others, but are there any actual bands (ballads and so on) booked for anywhere?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

biko wrote: »

Biko, surely this should be moved to a music section if you thought it right to move a thread involving Galway United to soccer?

Infact, a lot of threads in this forum could be moved using that logic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

04KY wrote: »
    Biko, surely this should be moved to a music section if you thought it right to move a thread involving Galway United to soccer?

Yeah thanks for moving that Galway United thread to a forum I can't access >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

04KY wrote: »

Ya biko maybe we could move you to mayo .....

If you want to discuss soccer teams or players (as yous were doing in that thread), apply for access to Soccer here.
    Fionn, you yourself support Celtic over Galway United. So it wasn't even a "support Galway" thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭04KY

If you want to discuss soccer teams or players (as yous were doing in that thread), apply for access to Soccer here.
    Fionn, you yourself support Celtic over Galway United. So it wasn't even a "support Galway" thread.

The thread was about an event happening in Galway though, an event involving a local Galway team that needs support.

It would reach more of a target audience in the Galway forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

You make it sound as if I support Galway United at all :confused: it was never a "support Galway" thread, it was a "St Patrick's Day event in GALWAY" thread.

Hence the redirect left. Anyone interested in the game will still be able to follow the link. Every post was talking soccer players.

And now this thread has turned into some sort of feedback thread rather than what OP had intended it to be, note that only I have actually answered the OPs question (post 2). Should I leave post 1 and 2 and move the rest to feedback?
    Yeah thanks for moving that Galway United thread to a forum I can't access >_>
    Are you banned from Soccer?

Edit: Btw, a Galway St Patricks general thread is a good idea.

Advertisement