Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm "ID sensor" help please

Options
  • 07-03-2009 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I decided to buy one and have a go myself, all has gone well so far but now I am trying to install the window sensors and I am having trouble. I bought a HKC SecureWatch 2.

I bought HKC ID sensors with vibration and contact, so if the window opens or is shaken it should set off the alarm.

I can identify on the panel fine but we I go to set the alarm it tell me that the sensor is "open" and the alarm won't set. Aaahhhh! Are you the blue (data), red (+ power) and black (- power) all that is required or should I be also connecting the other cables to the other points on the sensor?

Sensor is wired as follows:
    +12V: Red.
    -: Black
    Data: Blue

The contact and tamper are bridged to each other, just as they came when I opened it from new.

Alarm panel:
    +12V: Red.
    -: Black
    Zone 5 alarm leg 2: Blue

In Zone 5, the two alarm contacts and the two tamper contacts are bridged i.e. the default way they are when untouched.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

do you have the magnet on the correct side of the sensor....ie beside the reed switch.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Hi,

I think so but I also reckon what I have been doing wrong is that I have had the sensor vertical and maybe this is causing an issue. It says inside the sensor which side the magnet should be on and I have followed that, turning the magnet both ways incase it isn't to induce a current.

Thanks,

B.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bjroche

Hi,

I hadn't got the arrow pointing at the ceiling and that has sorted the issue.

Regards,

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 verycoolguy60

hi all i also have a question on the hkc alarm contacts the ones i am useing are the shock sensors with built in reed, is there anyone there that can tell me which way these are wired the problem i am having is that when the window is shut the shock wont work but when the window is opened the the shock will work i think it is something to do with the way i have the contacts bridged out in the sensor. can any one through any lite on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

From a PM verycoolguy60:
    dose the reed go in seris with the tamper or dose the reed go in seris with the shock
    It goes in series with the shock sensor part.
    at the moment the shock will only trigger when the window is open
    The problem is you have wired the reed in parallel with the shock sensor part. They should be wired in series with each other. Test this zone with an ohm meter and you will see what is happening.

• Advertisement
Advertisement