Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a moped into the uk

• 07-03-2009 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭

Hi I just won a moped in Ireland but I had to move over to England in order to get a job.

Does anyone know the best/ cheapest way of bringing it/ shipping it or how much it costs to register over in the UK?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Maybe check with the DVLA. When bring one back from the UK, you have to get the old owner to clame it exported on the V5 Document. But the Irish registration book, doesn't have an export section. Not much help I know but there you go. Also dont you have a year? Before it has to be registered as you are not considered a resident of that country yet. Cant remember how that law goes though to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Depending on the value of the moped and the hassle of getting to somewhere in the UK it might be better if you sell it here and buy one over there.

Aren't there also different licensing in the UK? I don't think you can ride any bike in the UK without a bike license.

Advertisement