Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to Smart: Set up Eircom Router?

Options
  • 07-03-2009 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

I switched from eircom to Smart there about 2 weeks ago. I enquired at the time would I be without broadband for any length of time, and I was told no more than a day or so. About 9 days ago, eircom disconnected me. DSL was fine, but no internet. Rang eircom and they said they had disconnected me due to switch to Smart. All well and good, but I had received no modem from Smart yet. I rang Smart, and I was told that I wouldn't be set up for another week. Not too much of an issue, as I could use my phone as a modem for the things I needed to do (such as this message!). About 4 days ago, I got a text from Smart saying I was set up and here's your username and password. I changed my router settings as per the smart website and after talking to their customer care, expected it to be a fairly easy process. No dice. I spoke to their care again, and they said they couldn't assist me, and that my modem was in transit. It's been in transit since last Thursday, and it must be walking itself at this stage as I've not received it.

My reason for this gripe is to enquire if anyone has set up their eircom modems with Smart. I can't recall the model of the router, but it's the newer silver one, and it's running firmware 7.7 (Google said that 7.6 or about was needed). I did run a diagnostic and everything was working, bar the final step of connecting. I believe the error was Target Service Not Found. I'm not at home so I can't give an exact message. Apologies for the lack of detail, but I'd rather give vague info than wrong info. The Smart settings on their site fit exactly with the modem, bar the security settings. I looked but couldn't find an equivalent setting on the modem.

Anyways, any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

DSL
    Pass
    ATM
    Pass
    Ethernet
    Pass
    PPPoE
    Pass
    Authentication
    Fail
    Login failed. Please check your User Name and Password and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the help desk.

That's what I get when I run Full Diagnostics.

My details are

Username: 0613xxxxx
    Password: 12 digit number consisting of 12 lower case characters.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

chrislad wrote: »
    DSL
    Pass
    ATM
    Pass
    Ethernet
    Pass
    PPPoE
    Pass
    Authentication
    Fail
    Login failed. Please check your User Name and Password and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the help desk.

That's what I get when I run Full Diagnostics.

My details are

Username: 0613xxxxx
    Password: 12 digit number consisting of 12 lower case characters.

Post here and get the Smart lads to check what's happening.

http://support.smarttelecom.ie/forums/

And don't sign up with your phone number as your username.

Advertisement