Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Break up Question

Options
  • 07-03-2009 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi Ladies

Not sure if I should be writing here but I have a question, I am about to break up with my girlfriend of a little over a year. I have been questioning the relationship for a little while and now have met someone else that I would like to start a relationship with. I do still have feelings for my current girlfriend and do not like to do this to her, the break up, as I know it will hurt her greatly

My question is should I tell her just about how I have been feeling or should I mention I have feeling for someone else, which would in the long run make it easier for her?

Thanks

M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

be honest with her, altho if you still have some sort of feeling for her.. at least wait a while to start something with someone else.. dont rub it in her face altogether

• Registered Users Posts: 31 makluse

We have no social connection other that the fact that we went out, she would never find out either way, but saying that I will not be rushing into anything anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

and again dont draw it out, end it now dont string her along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Is that you michael???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭Banrion

makluse wrote: »
    Hi Ladies

I do still have feelings for my current girlfriend and do not like to do this to her, the break up, as I know it will hurt her greatly
    Yes but you have to do it dont you? You're going to break up with her, youre going to hurt her, thats a given.
    makluse wrote: »
    My question is should I tell her just about how I have been feeling or should I mention I have feeling for someone else, which would in the long run make it easier for her?

Thanks

M
    There is no way I would tell her you have feelings for somebody else!! I wouldnt even tell her you still have feelings for her....what good would that do her? Its over and that would only string her along.
    Sit down with her. Tell her you dont think the relationship is for you. And that its over. If I was in her boots I would find it easier if I knew the relationship was fully over and done with. I could mourn it but I could also move on.

Good luck

• Advertisement

my name is not michael no

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Michael??

Thanks Banrion thanks Emo!! much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Liam7831 infracted for being a pest.

Makluse, there is a relationships subforum on Personal Issues. If you want further input, try there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement