Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stack of Barley in Castlemartyr

Options
  • 07-03-2009 9:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

This used to be my first stop on the way to Garryoe in summers gone by. Was it where the chinese restaurant is now I wonder?

adam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It's amazing how fast something so familiar fades into obscurity.

Coming from Youghal, you've Pat Shortt's (was that always a pub?), and then Clifford's. I'm pretty sure Clifford's hasn't changed name (or much else) in the last few years, and the chinese is right next to that...

Possibly the place where they're building the spar/centra now? Just up from the chinese etc.?

The loss of Capella OTOH, means the locals won't get to rub shoulders in Shortt's with Michael O' Leary, Gerald Kean and that clothes horse that drives him around in the Bentley, anymore. I wonder how they're coping :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

It's amazing how fast something so familiar fades into obscurity.
    I know, it just disappeared off the face of the earth, which is why I think it must be the chinese.
    Coming from Youghal
    Who comes from Youghal? :)
    you've Pat Shortt's (was that always a pub?)
    I don't think so.
    and then Clifford's. I'm pretty sure Clifford's hasn't changed name (or much else) in the last few years
    I'd say not since it was built!
    and the chinese is right next to that... Possibly the place where they're building the spar/centra now? Just up from the chinese etc.?

Other way around, the new Centra is first, then the chinese. Another reason I think it might be the chinese is that the Stack had a beer garden which wasn't enclosed on the left-hand side (looking back), which could be accounted for by the lane between the two.
    The loss of Capella OTOH, means the locals won't get to rub shoulders in Shortt's with Michael O' Leary, Gerald Kean and that clothes horse that drives him around in the Bentley, anymore. I wonder how they're coping :p
    Didn't know all those faux toffs hung out in there. So it's true it's actually owned by Shortt then? Why Castlemartyr of all places?

Capella is supposed to be back btw, apparently Dromoland have taken a lease on it.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Shortt's was always a pub, it used to be Barry's IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Register1

Yip, chineese there now!

Advertisement